Any reason not to buy a W205 C63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Need to do research on them
Agreed - there would have to be a groundswell of people moving to them to get me to risk changing to anything other than the 4S's, when I next need tyres (which will be quite soon for the rears).

Even with lots of wear, mine are still plenty sticky even under full power.

I have recently moved to a new country and a C63s is my daily car. Dunno for how long I'm gonna be here, so buying another vehicle as a beater car made no sense.

While highways are smooth and pothole free, the city roads have a few uneven surfaces and pot holes here and there. I was driving a 530d with RFTs before changing to the C63s. The suspension on the C63s is really hard, borderline uncomfortable. I expected it, but I am not happy with it!

The ride on my C63S is remarkably good, compared with some of its peers, and much better than my W204 C63 on 19s. Compared to a AMG GT or 992 it’s positively serene.

Ride quality was improved on facelift cars, after complaints about the ride on the pre facelift cars.

Expansion joints and potholes do still cause a crash, but these are high performance cars, on a relatively short wheelbase. For magic carpet ride, go for an S63 AMG, or a S500 coupe, super smooth and plenty fast, though a lot bigger. Not running on P Zeros also helps ride.

The ride on my C63S is remarkably good, compared with some of its peers, and much better than my W204 C63 on 19s.
W204 C63 ride on 19s is shocking - agree with you. Doesn’t help that the wheels themselves have the structural integrity of Oreo biscuits. I cracked two in my two years with the car. Do not miss those days.

One of the best cars we’ve ever owned. Does everything so well. Pootles about when you want, an animal when you want. Also, brilliantly reliable.

Buffy tipped up at my place on Saturday for coffee and AMG chat. She had a little blast and I think she’s hooked :)

I am :D Of course, buying one is a little intimidating, but you've only made me want one more :D Thank you again for the invite!

Just another reason too buy a w205
Minute 29ish
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am :D Of course, buying one is a little intimidating, but you've only made me want one more :D Thank you again for the invite!
As HB said, they are pussycats when you want them to be, and intimidating when you want them to be. Wonderful stuff. Buy one while they’re still new-ish!

I like them very much but we do find them rather fragile in comparison to the 204 63's. They are very fast indeed but the engine needs a little more character. I'm looking for a C63s Cab atm.

I like them very much but we do find them rather fragile in comparison to the 204 63's. They are very fast indeed but the engine needs a little more character. I'm looking for a C63s Cab atm.
Out of interest....in which way do you find them more fragile?. What breaks more on those than the 204? Obviously there is a lot more tech to go wrong (and controlling electronics) on a twin turbo over a NA V8....so I'm guessing that's the reason.

Out of interest....in which way do you find them more fragile?. What breaks more on those than the 204? Obviously there is a lot more tech to go wrong (and controlling electronics) on a twin turbo over a NA V8....so I'm guessing that's the reason.
The interior rattles are just disappointing. Some of the finishing is just not MB. The tech is not hugely advanced and it nothing we are not used to.

I looked at buying a C63 last year but was put off by the generally long list of previous owners and the general lack of maintenance. I love the idea of owning one but maybe not the reality.

The interior rattles are just disappointing. Some of the finishing is just not MB. The tech is not hugely advanced and it nothing we are not used to.
The rattling is par for the course in a car like the C63, in my opinion. It's so stiff you have to expect some noise, especially with the cheaper plastics they're using. An unfortunate fact of life, that they don't build them like they used to.

Buffy tipped up at my place on Saturday for coffee and AMG chat. She had a little blast and I think she’s hooked :)
Having seen it in the metal yesterday I can see why. The spec plus your OEM+ mods made it absolutely perfect 👌🏻

I looked at buying a C63 last year but was put off by the generally long list of previous owners and the general lack of maintenance. I love the idea of owning one but maybe not the reality.
Whenever I'm looking at AMG C63 or E63 models on Autotrader and eBay etc they all seem to have lots of owners. I guess its an itch that many just have to scratch.....then the reality of teens mpg, high service costs and expensive parts bites them and it gets sold. Lots of E63 2010 to 2016 have 6 or 7 owners!! I guess six careful owners who look after them is better than one hooligan that skimps on maintenance....so high owners numbers never put me off a car if its obviously been looked after....my of CLK from 2002 had 8 owners before I bought it.....never had an issue with it.......

Whenever I'm looking at AMG C63 or E63 models on Autotrader and eBay etc they all seem to have lots of owners. I guess its an itch that many just have to scratch.....then the reality of teens mpg, high service costs and expensive parts bites them and it gets sold. Lots of E63 2010 to 2016 have 6 or 7 owners!! I guess six careful owners who look after them is better than one hooligan that skimps on maintenance....so high owners numbers never put me off a car if its obviously been looked after....my of CLK from 2002 had 8 owners before I bought it.....never had an issue with it.......
Maybe maintenance costs cause short ownership cycles in older examples but it’s equally true when they’re new. It’s par for the course on AMGs and some other brands too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom