Anybody, admired your motor?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My SL gets no reaction from anybody. However, the recently purchased Barth 595 in bright yellow gets loads of positive comments. Even Tesco click and collect staff love it. When we turned up in the Range Rover last week, they were all asking where the little yellow one was.
The car that preceded the SL was a Jeep Wrangler which also drew many "cool car mister" comments.

Drive "boring" E Classes and so do not expect it. But does happen. Ran a Tanzanite AMG-Line which many times people acknowledged. Guess as mostly clean and gleam.

Lately, in a Hyacinth saloon and find positive reactions predominately from "European guys", to the extent have would their window to compliment. Suspect the tinted rear clusters, infill sills boot spoiler and bling wheels appeal.

However, cannot believe how much attention a 350Z gets (when a passenger in my sons vehicle of choice).

See some lovely cars owned by forum members ranging from £5K classics to £200K exotics :thumb:

My SL gets no reaction from anybody. However, the recently purchased Barth 595 in bright yellow gets loads of positive comments. Even Tesco click and collect staff love it. When we turned up in the Range Rover last week, they were all asking where the little yellow one was.
The car that preceded the SL was a Jeep Wrangler which also drew many "cool car mister" comments.
Barth??

Had quite a few compliments on our Mercedes. When it’s clean and the sun is shining, the Hyacinth Red metallic does look quite special IMHO and it‘s not an especially common colour, so does stand out.

Same story for our MX5, which is Soul Red metallic with a gloss black roof. Looks pretty good when it’s clean.F4E85DCB-F3F7-409D-9FBF-93E55C72B806.jpeg

Just remembered - once had a 300E-24v and for those who knew it was not short of compliments

My ex-wife drove it quite a bit and was very fond of burning boy racers and enjoying the look on their faces and the subsequent thumbs up!

Once in my first C43. It was back in 2003 when it was still relatively new (3 years old) and there were very few about. I'd parked outside a newsagent off Portobello Road to pick up a Sunday paper and a young Norwegian bloke clocked it, ran out and shook my hand. He knew exactly what it was and, as they were so expensive in his home country, probably never expected to see one in the flesh. Top bloke, proper petrolhead.

I have had a few with the R129, had a nice chat with bloke in his SL when I saw it parked up locally , got loads with my old 911 , it does make you smile

If you are driving development cars on the road then it is just an occupational hazard.
In the early '90s most people knew what the Jaguar was but it was only the police who stopped us regularly, but only to have a look as they didn't see too many about!
IMG_2529.JPG

In the SUV here, I would often have people tapping on the window in traffic queues to know what it was. I'd always have to park it somewhere discrete to avoid a large crowd.

IMG_0059.JPG
Whatever vehicle I drive, none create such a favourable response as our 1/4 century old, £5k Land Rover 'Vera'. :dk:

IMG_0462.JPG

Had quite a few compliments on our Mercedes. When it’s clean and the sun is shining, the Hyacinth Red metallic does look quite special IMHO and it‘s not an especially common colour, so does stand out.

Same story for our MX5, which is Soul Red metallic with a gloss black roof. Looks pretty good when it’s clean.View attachment 109188
I’ve certainly found that the little red sports cars I’ve owned have attracted the most attention and comments. But not that many from petrol heads with comments ranging from “Nice car mister” to “Lovely Ferrari”!

396039C3-7036-4388-9D7F-61EF2A7ABEA9.jpegF8519E0E-1763-45C3-B2AE-B0AF47531461.jpeg

My gaffer who has considerably more money than me and is a proper petrol head with some very very high class cars always comes and has a look and compliments me about my c class when I take it to work. I know it’s pathetic really but it does make me proud of the car and how I look after it.

Must say the E350 does get the odd appreciative glance. Over the years I’ve been fortunate to own quite a number a vehicle’s that have drawn a crowd. The two most favoured I think would be these two ...F66F02A2-73E6-41A7-A190-7DA4812A068B.jpeg893670CD-C90C-4C8F-9ACA-38CCA21D0900.jpeg

When driving Angie's red R171 SLK350 in Spain a few years ago we were stopped at a view point taking pictures. A guy came over to look at the car and kept excitedly exclaiming "Ella es roja!, ella es roja!" before giving us a big smile and a thumb's up.

When I had my (very high spec) pre-facelift E63 we called in to a German Mercedes-Benz dealer to buy an umweltplakette (emissions sticker) and the receptionist came out to verify the registration number on the car. We wandered across the car park and when we got to the car she stopped, looked around it and said, "Wow! What a great spec on such a gorgeous car!". Made my day, that did :)

Last edited:
I’ve certainly found that the little red sports cars I’ve owned have attracted the most attention and comments. But not that many from petrol heads with comments ranging from “Nice car mister” to “Lovely Ferrari”!

View attachment 109200View attachment 109199
Love the S2 Cab. A great mate of mine bought one when it was six months old and has kept it garaged since. Think it’s got 2000 miles on the clock to date.

"The Blobby Bus"
There's admired, and there's attention!
This had attention wherever it went, back in the early 90s before vws were stupid fashionable, Mr Blobby(for those that remember) painted on the back window.
£300 of van and paint from my mates mams garage.
Nothing else has come close for attention...some admiration!

Screenshot_20210220-121027_Gallery.jpg

Love the S2 Cab. A great mate of mine bought one when it was six months old and has kept it garaged since. Think it’s got 2000 miles on the clock to date.
I reluctantly sold mine five years ago when we had a family addition that made the 2-seater redundant. It had done over 100k but still looked and ran fantastically.

45919_100224700037978_7568788_n.jpg 40609_100224670037981_6462054_n.jpg

View attachment 109200View attachment 109199
i had an S2 cab quite a few years ago, nice cars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom