• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

DEB7 this evening on a Range Rover Sport SVR. Nice car cracking plate if your name is Steve. I mean Debbie.
Or maybe …………….

I’m sure the SVR and cherished plate cost a lot of money.
Most of us have it, but I wouldn’t be advertising it 🤣

debt

noun

the state of owing money.
"the firm is heavily in debt"

Or maybe …………….

I’m sure the SVR and cherished plate cost a lot of money.
Most of us have it, but I wouldn’t be advertising it 🤣

debt

noun

the state of owing money.
"the firm is heavily in debt"
Good spot. Never even occurred to me. Maybe a loan shark!

Where Ken and Barbie live?

Attachments

• IMG_8883.jpeg
    IMG_8883.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
1693851400527.png

Spotted on a gorgeous, er, 280SL (W113). According to DVLA it's a white 1970 model, but yesterday it was an immaculate silver blue. Looked fantastic parked in the sun, top off. Likely to be someone on here I guess, so hat's off to whoever it belongs to - it looked wonderful.

View attachment 146277

Spotted on a gorgeous, er, 280SL (W113). According to DVLA it's a white 1970 model, but yesterday it was an immaculate silver blue. Looked fantastic parked in the sun, top off. Likely to be someone on here I guess, so hat's off to whoever it belongs to - it looked wonderful.
Ooh, wait a minute, I've just realised that 28'zero'SL is white, but 28'Oh'SL is a blue 1970 model. They both look the same with the plate visualiser I used (A1 Show Plates), and will both look the same in real life, but I guess it's more likely that I saw the blue 'Oh' version than a repainted white 'zero' version!

The blue one was first registered with DVLA in 2009, so is presumably an import. If I'd noticed which side the steering wheel was on that could have clinched it.

I wonder if they've ever parked next to each other at a Mercedes get together.

Ooh, wait a minute, I've just realised that 28'zero'SL is white, but 28'Oh'SL is a blue 1970 model. They both look the same with the plate visualiser I used (A1 Show Plates), and will both look the same in real life, but I guess it's more likely that I saw the blue 'Oh' version than a repainted white 'zero' version!

The blue one was first registered with DVLA in 2009, so is presumably an import. If I'd noticed which side the steering wheel was on that could have clinched it.

I wonder if they've ever parked next to each other at a Mercedes get together.
They will indeed look the same if illegally spaced, which is one of the reasons that the spacing should not be changed.

Great plate though, and whether 28 OSL is spaced correctly or illegally then it will only mean something to people who know that it’s on a 280 SL, and those people will still know what the owner intended for it to say.

To everyone else it will just look like a very nice personalised registration on a very nice car. Some might even think that it’s the original registration given that it’s a classic (despite being the wrong format).

MO66Y YY on a Morgan Plus four somewhere on the journey from Lincolnshire to Cheshire on Sunday

No such thing as a nice AM DBX🤣

A1FAS on a white MITO yesterday.....probably worth rather more than the car!!....I'd like that one myself!

Screenshot-20230901-124547-Gallery.jpg

It’s an Irish plate but according to the owner it means ‘pussy’ in Italian.

Admittedly it’s a lovely car, and in a colour I’ve not seen on a MK1 boat tail Spider before. It’s also worth a lot of dough but the owner was a bit of a knob.
IMG_1573.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom