Bastid Tesla is quicker than a 7g Gearbox....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
So on the A2, middle lane approaching the M25 junction at 50 mph. Tesla on the entry slip lane. I M.S.M into the outside lane and despite my car having 250 bhp and nigh on 500 torxs the 2 seconds it takes my gearbox to decide to drop down the pesky Tesla decelerates, cuts across 3 lanes behind me and floors it and we both find ourselves in the same spot. Tesla squeezes round me on the central reservation, missing me and the barrier by a mil and showers my car with gravel.

Bugger.

It was one of those things but if it was a AMG I would have heard it :)

PMP

Tesla = the future

Tesla =
wallpaperfeat1217-1024x1024.jpg

About as interesting anyway lol

I found out yesterday that if a Tesla vehicle is involved in an accident and written off that Tesla blacklist it and wont allow the car to be charged at a Tesla charging station even if the car is repaired and fully roadworthy. Apparently Tesla don't want damage repaired cars they want you to buy a new one!

Define ‘interesting’...?

A car that’s stupidly quick, reasonably priced, has vasts amount of tech, excellent range, one of a kind ‘autopilot’ system..... seems pretty ‘interesting’ to me....

Hence why a model 3 is almost undoubtedly going to be my next car. :D

I found out yesterday that if a Tesla vehicle is involved in an accident and written off that Tesla blacklist it and wont allow the car to be charged at a Tesla charging station even if the car is repaired and fully roadworthy. Apparently Tesla don't want damage repaired cars they want you to buy a new one!

Only if not repaired by an authorised Tesla repairer. They are a bit like ‘Apple’ in that respect.

Edit

Define ‘interesting’...?

A car that’s stupidly quick, reasonably priced, has vasts amount of tech, excellent range, one of a kind ‘autopilot’ system..... seems pretty ‘interesting’ to me....

Hence why a model 3 is almost undoubtedly going to be my next car. :D

Excellent , Can you come round and finish of that room please :thumb: lol

All I'm saying is this, with these super fast soundless cars we are all going to have to change how we drive :)

Saw a bill board the other day, a zafira type jobbie with 300 brake aimed at school run mum, Jesus !

They aren't soundless. The tyres still kick up a racket that isn't easily missed. By the roadside when they are passing at 50-60mph IC and EV are indistinguishable by sound.

Regardless of speed...personally wouldn't thank you for one! Doesn't have a single ounce of appeal to me and the looks only a mother could love! o_O

Whilst I am sure the torque and performance of a Tesla is impressive, I can imagine it's as exciting to drive as a hospital would be.

Can't wait to get our Model S.

If only they were put together by Germans and weren’t made of parts from Ikea they’d be decent.
I can see the attraction, sort of, in the power but nothing else about them floats my boat I’m afraid.
The whoopee cushion seat would be funny for about 30 seconds I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like a cheap, rapid, small pick up with an electric motor for tip runs and suchlike.

A bit like a Diahatsu HiJet, would need to be really cheap or on some kind of PAYG or like a mobile phone contract where I could have a small mileage allowance and pay extra if I went over. Under £100 per month would be good.

My mate has an 05 petrol version and he just can't break it, it's used for his business and is hammered daily but just keeps going with a ready supply of cheap parts.

I'd like a cheap, rapid, small pick up with an electric motor for tip runs and suchlike.

A bit like a Diahatsu HiJet, would need to be really cheap or on some kind of PAYG or like a mobile phone contract where I could have a small mileage allowance and pay extra if I went over. Under £100 per month would be good.

My mate has an 05 petrol version and he just can't break it, it's used for his business and is hammered daily but just keeps going with a ready supply of cheap parts.

another-real.jpg

Any good??

They aren't soundless. The tyres still kick up a racket that isn't easily missed. By the roadside when they are passing at 50-60mph IC and EV are indistinguishable by sound.

That's as maybe but the only IC cars (amg, M, RS, Ferrari etc) that can accelerate from 30 to 80mph in a couple of seconds like the Tesla did in this instance will be making substantial noise, which I would have heard :) :) :)

That's as maybe but the only IC cars (amg, M, RS, Ferrari etc) that can accelerate from 30 to 80mph in a couple of seconds like the Tesla did in this instance will be making substantial noise, which I would have heard :) :) :)

Lucky it wasn't a bike with standard quiet pipes.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom