Bastid Tesla is quicker than a 7g Gearbox....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So on the A2, middle lane approaching the M25 junction at 50 mph. Tesla on the entry slip lane. I M.S.M into the outside lane and despite my car having 250 bhp and nigh on 500 torxs the 2 seconds it takes my gearbox to decide to drop down the pesky Tesla decelerates, cuts across 3 lanes behind me and floors it and we both find ourselves in the same spot. Tesla squeezes round me on the central reservation, missing me and the barrier by a mil and showers my car with gravel.

Bugger.

It was one of those things but if it was a AMG I would have heard it :)

PMP
Pretty impatient and downright bad driving .

If the driver keeps that up s/he will come a cropper .

Have never understood the negativity towards Teslas on here.

I appreciate they’re not for everyone but you have to admire them for trying and the performance alone should earn them respect.

Sure they will have some negative aspects but overall they seem a decent vehicle if a little expensive.

Mercedes-Benz were always ahead of the game with innovation and features in cars for many years. It’s surprising that the European manufacturers have taken so long to try and catch up and have been left for dust on the EV front by Tesla and others.

If MB did an EV that hit 60 in 2 and a bit seconds I think they would be pretty popular.

Like them or not, EVs are replacing IC cars. I’m pleased I got to drive a good few V8s and other larger petrol engined cars when I could! :)

Despite the title of the thread I'm not actually against them. It was just that I got caught out and wouldn't have happened if the Tesla was a AMG or probably more importantly if I had a manual car and not a £hite early 7g !!!!!

You can make them noisier if you want to

Tesla model S £80k
My C63 £30k which leaves me £50k for petrol.
No brainier :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re quoting the price of a used C63 compared to a new Tesla? :dk:

you can get a used Model 3 for circa £30k too...

Still funny to see the negativity towards progress.

It’s like old folk who wouldn’t use computers years ago.

People who won’t use online banking and insist on using cheques. And worry about contactless payments and bank transfer etc but keep cash under the mattress at home :D

Funny enough I remember car-people who didn’t like other developments - eg automatic gearboxes, or fuel injection and stuff like that.

I have enjoyed the era of large capacity petrol engines but you need to accept that EVs will soon replace those. They already have in terms of performance. And in the not too distant future I expect they will have more than acceptable range/charging techniques.

Sure EVs are expensive presently but the cost will come down in time.

How much does a C63 cost new and what will you spend in fuel over the lifetime of the car? What will the residual value be relative to an EV in a few years etc.

Like it or not IC cars are on the decline, the engines are getting smaller and more boring and the EV equivalents are getting better and more powerful as the years pass by :)

Still funny to see the negativity towards progress.

It’s like old folk who wouldn’t use computers years ago.
Ironically they are all on here now bleating about how things aren't what they were and how no one respects them.

I found out yesterday that if a Tesla vehicle is involved in an accident and written off that Tesla blacklist it and wont allow the car to be charged at a Tesla charging station even if the car is repaired and fully roadworthy. Apparently Tesla don't want damage repaired cars they want you to buy a new one!
Log on to legitstreetcars.com. Alex bought a smashed up one. Quite interesting how he got on with it.

That's where I got the info from. :)

Yep and it wasn’t repaired by a Tesla approved garage was it? More like in his own garage :D. Anyway I’m pretty sure his one worked on the Supercharger?

I dont think the model 3 is in C63 terrority performance wise and certainly not looks wise . As said the bigger Models P100 have amazing performance.. just the looks I couldn't live with if I had that budget for a car.

I sold a few gardening tools I had in my garage that I'm never going to use last sunday a guy rolls up well sneaks up in a dual motor 19 plate model 3. We had a brief chat about cars and he told me he had put 11k down on £400 per month I'm guessing PCP.

Off he went like a fast Prius.

You’re quoting the price of a used C63 compared to a new Tesla? :dk:

you can get a used Model 3 for circa £30k too...

Sure about that?
And it was a model S I was comparing it to, cheapest 3 on Autotrader is £46k.
That still leaves £16k for petrol [emoji12]
Add to that, a Merc will still be going after 150k miles whereas a Tesla will be falling apart and have a range of about 3 miles.
Sorry, I don’t get them and yes, I’ve been in a couple.

Sure about that?
And it was a model S I was comparing it to, cheapest 3 on Autotrader is £46k.
That still leaves £16k for petrol [emoji12]
Add to that, a Merc will still be going after 150k miles whereas a Tesla will be falling apart and have a range of about 3 miles.
Sorry, I don’t get them and yes, I’ve been in a couple.

Sorry I meant Model S, which was the one you were comparing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom