• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Benz On The Green 2018 @ GOODWOOD. Your thoughts?

I will turn up,always fancied roaring into the pits and Prestige change all four wheels and fill the S class with fuel so I can put in another fast lap.

Sounds great. + 1

I think the larger venue is a great idea. Side events like the rolling road, maybe tied in with some special offer remaps or such would also draw a larger audience and create more interest.

We'd certainly attend an event of this nature.

.....and not to forget my suggestion of a window sticker that gives a memory of a great day and everybody and advert to show what an exceptional day it is.

My idea of my face smiling out at you, surrounded by the Mercedes Star and maybe some laurel leaves......

.....and not to forget my suggestion of a window sticker that gives a memory of a great day and everybody and advert to show what an exceptional day it is.

My idea of my face smiling out at you, surrounded by the Mercedes Star and maybe some laurel leaves......

Ollie is trying to sell the event Bruce, not put people off:D

I've always enjoyed the event and will go again wherever it is. Goodwood does sound like an interesting alternative and it's nice to have a change.

Having said that, the George has set the bar pretty high as a location so far :thumb:

As mentioned previously it seems like quite a natural evolution for the event. More spaces more dosh more to charity. Can we have better food though!

As mentioned previously it seems like quite a natural evolution for the event. More spaces more dosh more to charity. Can we have better food though!

GW, for good food,,,,, LOL! they do not quite go together I am afraid! :D Love the place as an event, it's a great venue, in fact there in a week or so for an event with Simon M, here, but the catering is so poor quality, have been there 30 odd times now, and hand on heart, never eaten anything there I really have enjoyed,:oh, maybe one day they will surprise me hopefully.:p

GW, for good food,,,,, LOL! they do not quite go together I am afraid! :D Love the place as an event, it's a great venue, in fact there in a week or so for an event with Simon M, here, but the catering is so poor quality, have been there 30 odd times now, and hand on heart, never eaten anything there I really have enjoyed,:oh, maybe one day they will surprise me hopefully.:p

From Olly's post a page or two back.....

The venue we have eyes on has a bar and we are able to sort our own catering so that's that sorted.

Food sorted :rock:

From Olly's post a page or two back.....

The venue we have eyes on has a bar and we are able to sort our own catering so that's that sorted.

Food sorted :rock:

Well thats really good to know, hope things all go well for this venue taking off;)

I am certainly up for Goodwood.
Would be nice to have the extra space, so more Mercs, old and new, can all feel welcome.
I like to look at the older, less well looked after ones as well, as it shows the differences of care and maintenance, intergalactic mileage etc
I believe this can enhance the well looked after models, as more appreciation can be gained by spotting the differences.
Maybe have more catagories? best in show, worst in show, highest miles covered ? etc etc
The more people you can encourage to come, the more money that can be raised for BENS

Neil

I would be up for something like this - if I have the time off lol

Goodwood is a great venue, with an excellent atmosphere, so very well suited for what is planned imo.

Id love to attend next year and would be well up for a larger site as the George was pretty cramped, with some only getting their cars in when others had left. I do understand the comments about losing the intimate feel in larger surroundings though. I'm sure whatever you guys decide, it will be a very successful day!

Also £12 is a small fee to pay seeing as it's a charitable event. :thumb:

So, its decided that we will stay as we are next year, at The George.

In 2019 we will seriously consider Goodwood, watch this space.

Thanks

Natacha

BlackC55 said:
So, its decided that we will stay as we are next year, at The George. In 2019 we will seriously consider Goodwood, watch this space. Thanks Natacha

I have started cleaning the car in preparation.

Sent from my iPhone using sausage fingers.

Goodwood sounds a great idea. Count us in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom