• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Blankety Blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Family Fortunes the other week.

It is what it is. Entertaining rubbish for the family. It doesn’t make out to be anything else and that probably goes for Blankety Blank.
That exactly!
It would be a disaster if that's all there was to the exclusion of all else but that's not the case. There's something for everyone and space for it all.

I often wonder why folk throw out words such as "judgemental" and "opinionated" as intended insults, whilst I take them as compliments. Opinionated, as I have an opinion which is mine and not one designed to suit a certain demographic for virtue points, and judgemental, as yes I judge people on their actions, should I not? As for blinkered, well I see the world as it is not how I would wish it to be. :)

You sir are my ideal bar companion :)

Have I stumbled upon a school playground perchance? Come on guys, really?

I'll say it again, no wonder Ant (Happytalk73) jacked it all in. He won't be the last.
I swear there are one or two (at least) members who log on just to cause mischief.
Didn't know, Ant had left,
that's a shame, i liked him, even though I'd never met him, your right though, some of these threads get a bit silly and way off course from the original post.

Our Survey Said....

I'll say it again, no wonder Ant (Happytalk73) jacked it all in. He won't be the last.
I swear there are one or two (at least) members who log on just to cause mischief.
I have only just found out that he has deleted his account.

I know he is a chap who tries to see the best in everything and regularly tried to keep threads in balance.

I will miss his input, his positivity and our occasional conversations via PM.

I had thought I had his mobile number but cannot find it. If anyone has it and would care to share it with me by PM I would be very grateful.

I have only just found out that he has deleted his account.

I know he is a chap who tries to see the best in everything and regularly tried to keep threads in balance.

I will miss his input, his positivity and our occasional conversations via PM.

I had thought I had his mobile number but cannot find it. If anyone has it and would care to share it with me by PM I would be very grateful.
I think the admins have such a difficult (unpaid) job to do

Personally I see the forum as a pub - If I were the landlord there are some people I'd welcome, some who can be a pain but liveable, some who need a warning now and again and a very few who quite simply I'd bar as they seem to enjoy causing dissent. IMHO as ever

Happytalk73 now known as Deleted member 113659.

See a trend here?

If you are sick to the teeth of disruptive members or have been banned, you can leave or return in a different guise. This can be bad news - Lewyboy/Drfeelgood/DRF20000 or a good thing - Knighterrant/Methuselah.

Glojo flounced off for a second time, only to reappear as kotecki on the other side - as loquacious and as tedious as ever... Pity "moderators" can't effectively regulate the tripe posted by those unable to contribute anything of real value or humour.

Just consider the passing of Developer or Pontoneer and many many others - valuable contributors elbowed out by snide comments and ridicule.

Is there a common denominator?

(This is my first post in 10 months - wonder why?)

Happytalk73 now known as Deleted member 113659.

See a trend here?

If you are sick to the teeth of disruptive members or have been banned, you can leave or return in a different guise. This can be bad news - Lewyboy/Drfeelgood/DRF20000 or a good thing - Knighterrant/Methuselah.

Glojo flounced off for a second time, only to reappear as kotecki on the other side - as loquacious and as tedious as ever... Pity "moderators" can't effectively regulate the tripe posted by those unable to contribute anything of real value or humour.

Just consider the passing of Developer or Pontoneer and many many others - valuable contributors elbowed out by snide comments and ridicule.

Is there a common denominator?

(This is my first post in 10 months - wonder why?)
One thing I cannot understand is how banned members seem to rejoin with impunity and without any action taken by admin?

"One thing I cannot understand is how banned members seem to rejoin with impunity and without any action taken by admin? "

Probably the same way out in the real world some company director can rob the pension pot, go bust , throw all employees out without compensation then pop back up again 6 months later as if nothing happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom