Bored and waiting for Mobilo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok. Summary. He's had the undertray off and it's not related to the service. Source not immediately present.

The chap, (who also came out to diagnose the port inlet shutoff motor) followed me through to the indie who I use, where the car had been booked in for pads and discs in any case.

Conveniently this is in the same village as the pub that I drink in, so have only just now been picked up by other half.

Time will tell tomorrow.... Ebay?!

Fingers crossed, it'll turn out to be just a minor leak, 'fixed that for you Sir, that'll be 25 quid...' :thumb:

Ok. Summary. He's had the undertray off and it's not related to the service. Source not immediately present.

The chap, (who also came out to diagnose the port inlet shutoff motor) followed me through to the indie who I use, where the car had been booked in for pads and discs in any case.

Conveniently this is in the same village as the pub that I drink in, so have only just now been picked up by other half.

Time will tell tomorrow.... Ebay?!

You seem to have as much luck with cars as I do. :doh:

sweetpea said:
Are you using Star at Moorends David?

No not this time. As it was in for pads and discs it's with a chap in Misson who is also ex mb commercial.

*** said:
You seem to have as much luck with cars as I do. :doh:

Yes my £1100 Volvo has done more miles in six months than the merc in 12 and cost me nothing other than routine service...

Need to look at that harder...

Yes my £1100 Volvo has done more miles in six months than the merc in 12 and cost me nothing other than routine service...

Need to look at that harder...

Yep, your E320cdi was a disaster as well.

Sometimes those nice non rusting reliable Volvos, Audis make a lot of sense...

Going back over recent car history - estimating where the bill was a warrenty, as I'm counting for this. Any routine items eg service, tyres disregarded

W203 C320 CDi Mk1. Gearbox - £4,000 Owned a little over one year
BMW E65 730d Nothing - Owned a little over one year
Espace - Steering Lock. £250. Shock Absorber £150. Owned three years
E320CDi. Too many to remember... Steering 'widget' £400. Ball Joints £200 Bearing £100 Injecter £200 and more... Owned 6 painful months
W302 C320 cdi MK2. Port inlet shut off motor. £450. Oil Leak £? Owned ten months.

I'm seriously considering another Espace...

BMW should be an option looking at above, but can't bring myself to do it!

I think everyone out there has a nemisis car maker.

Mine is Audi and by the looks of that list, yours is Mercedes.

I'm onto my sixth and I've never had a problem with any of them. My first Mercedes was the W211 E270 and it cost me, besides tyres and an oil service, absolutely nothing. :)

My two Audis on the other hand cost me about £3500 between them in 6 months of ownership. :mad:

730d? You did seem to like that motor.:thumb:

Yes and no. Tyres were very expensive, but the main thing was I did not like the image.

Clients were far harder on fee's than they are nowadays after seeing the car.

Add that the other half who drives the car most of the time did not like it...

Any word from the garage yet?

Yes and no. Tyres were very expensive, but the main thing was I did not like the image.

Clients were far harder on fee's than they are nowadays after seeing the car.

Add that the other half who drives the car most of the time did not like it...

330d or 335d?

mmm? not really considered that. Not sure why.

I suspect that I'm heading back towards Espace land. Also considering a Disco, but would only be the TD5 which is thirsty for the few times that 4x4 would be useful.

Fancy a change, and preferably one that will see the kids in my car less.

hmm.

Apparently it's coming from the front-end from above the power steering pump. My guy has decided that he can't (be bothered?) to do it. Not very happy.

Call in to STAR commercials now. If it had been a bit closer, I'd have gone there straight off.

Going back over recent car history - estimating where the bill was a warrenty, as I'm counting for this. Any routine items eg service, tyres disregarded

W203 C320 CDi Mk1. Gearbox - £4,000 Owned a little over one year
BMW E65 730d Nothing - Owned a little over one year
Espace - Steering Lock. £250. Shock Absorber £150. Owned three years
E320CDi. Too many to remember... Steering 'widget' £400. Ball Joints £200 Bearing £100 Injecter £200 and more... Owned 6 painful months
W302 C320 cdi MK2. Port inlet shut off motor. £450. Oil Leak £? Owned ten months.

Tut tut, you forgot the Saab :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom