British GP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not relivent to this race (or the last) but seen this pic of the Kimster and thought it was funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doomed either way Ian. However, had there been a bad crash/injury/fatality then the powers that be would've been in the firing line.

I agree with you. But that's how it is eh?

It is unfortunately but the rules need changing a race should never start behind the safety car it takes away the main element of racing, drivers reaction times.

I don't watch anymore I review the races contentious points when people start discussing on forums so I can then contribute to discussion.

I live in hope the F1 may return to the sport I knew and loved but don't think I will see it in my lifetime unless things dramatically change when Bernie goes which will be the next milestone until then I'll stick to BTCC and DTM

It is unfortunately but the rules need changing a race should never start behind the safety car it takes away the main element of racing, drivers reaction times.

I don't watch anymore I review the races contentious points when people start discussing on forums so I can then contribute to discussion.

I live in hope the F1 may return to the sport I knew and loved but don't think I will see it in my lifetime unless things dramatically change when Bernie goes which will be the next milestone until then I'll stick to BTCC and DTM

Don't you start!!! :rolleyes:

Ant. :D

You lot just wait. I'll get my go fast Go-Kart. Within a year I'll be snapped up by Manor. Then Big Ron will snap me up by which time the McHonda's will be flying:bannana:

Happy Lewis won and it was great to see him with the fans at the end.

Really starting to like the look of young verstappen. Think this lad really has a great future ahead of him.

Respect to Rosberg for keep that gap without 7th gear as well.

Hopefully they keep the result as it stands and no penalties are enforced

Hopefully they keep the result as it stands and no penalties are enforced

They seem to be taking a while to actually declare a position.

Which I guess implies that there is some argument over the interpretation of the rules and how they apply to this incident.

My feeling is - much as I hate penalties - that an instruction to carry out an action in the car over the radio (other than to bring it the trackside or pits safely to retire it) goes against the spirit and intent of the radio communication rules.

My view is that rather than banning radio messages a better decision might have been to ban in-race telemetry transmissions by the car.

Rosberg receives 10 second penalty for radio transmission aiding driver drops him to third.

F1 is just one big F**king joke run by f**kwits of the highest order

So what's new .......

Something in the part of me that loved F1 died during 2008 after the decision to penalise Hamilton after he gave backl the position to Raikonnen.

For a sport with so much in the way of brains and talent it comes across as infernally stupid way too often.

I can sort of see why the stewards penalised him.

Telling him to "Avoid seventh gear" is, in my opinion, just about on the OK side of legal, but when he asked what it meant, "Do I shift through it?" and they told him what to do they crossed the line, assisting him in driving the car.

Whether you believe the rule is a bad one and should have no place in F1, the rule is there and Charlie Whiting made it very clear the honeymoon period was over at this race. If the stewards had accepted Wolff's "It was a safety matter" argument, what's to stop every transmission being prefixed with "For the safety of the car..."?

Last edited:
Rosberg receives 10 second penalty for radio transmission aiding driver drops him to third.

Wondering if your dismay is because the penalty helps out your mate Lewis? :dk: had it been Lewis's car been helped out. By a radio call I think you would have said 'rules are rules'

I agree it's a bad way to loose points BUT with everyone asking for consistency this incident was always going to result in some kind of penalty.

So what's new .......

Something in the part of me that loved F1 died during 2008 after the decision to penalise Hamilton after he gave backl the position to Raikonnen.

I remember it well. Another great wet drive from Lewis. Gave the place back then got an added time penalty after. The race which meant he lost posision. (Even though he gave the place back.

The resulting rule was you had to not overtake again for 2 corners after the incident. Madness. :doh:

Wondering if your dismay is because the penalty helps out your mate Lewis? :dk: had it been Lewis's car been helped out. By a radio call I think you would have said rules are rules.

I agree it's a bad way to loose points BUT with everyone asking for consistency this incident was always going to result in some kind of penalty.

I remember it well. Another great wet drive from Lewis. Gave the place back then got an added time penalty after. The race which meant he lost posision. (Even though he gave the place back.

The resulting rule was you had to not overtake again for 2 corners after the incident. Madness. :doh:

No my dismay is at the stupidity of the rules in general. So its preferable to let the driver blow up the gearbox and cause carnage on track rather than his engineer say skip 7th we've got a problem. That is absolute madness and now I know the lunatics have taken over the asylum

Not worried about Lewis the team will fix him ;-)

Swearing profusely on a forum is a curious thing isn't it?

It takes extra thought and effort yet the pay off is that you look like a silly little boy.

Nico has now been punished for receiving an instruction about a faulty gearbox.

Is it fair that he is punished again for changing it ?

What if the message was not given, the gearbox suffered a catastrophic failure resulting in somebody getting seriously hurt ?

I don't think that the penalty was fair. He was told to avoid a certain gear after telling his team he had a gearbox issue. They answered his question.

Why aren't drivers who are advised to stop their car due to an engine issue given a penalty for the next race ?

Swearing profusely on a forum is a curious thing isn't it?

It takes extra thought and effort yet the pay off is that you look like a silly little boy.

Don't know what the f**k you talking about

Nico has now been punished for receiving an instruction about a faulty gearbox.

Is it fair that he is punished again for changing it ?

What if the message was not given, the gearbox suffered a catastrophic failure resulting in somebody getting seriously hurt ?

I don't think that the penalty was fair. He was told to avoid a certain gear after telling his team he had a gearbox issue. They answered his question.

Why aren't drivers who are advised to stop their car due to an engine issue given a penalty for the next race ?

Exactly the whole rules in modern F1 are a complete farce and contradiction.

Ian, as already said in post 31 I agree with you, but you can't complain when they enforce a particular rule. It's the rule that needs changing isn't it?

No point in them saying, 'We'll let Nico off this time' then penalising someone else at the next race.

Ian, as already said in post 31 I agree with you, but you can't complain when they enforce a particular rule. It's the rule that needs changing isn't it?

No point in them saying, 'We'll let Nico off this time' then penalising someone else at the next race.

Its the rules I'm complaining about not the consistency in which they are applied. Rules are clearly been made that affect driver safety and that is clearly madness IMHO

Because when a driver is told to retire they don't see the checkered flag or score points, therefor gain nothing by the radio call.

Its the rules I'm complaining about not the consistency in which they are applied. Rules are clearly been made that affect driver safety and that is clearly madness IMHO

So then why are you so shocked (and surprised) by the outcome?

Incidentally radio calls on brakes and tyres are permitted on/for safety grounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom