C200CDI fuel consumption

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking at some diesel figures I would expect more. I get 55 MPG on a 1.8 petrol 12 plate.

This is figures from on board computer, I do city driving normally but I made a trip to up north last week and cruising on twisty country roads at about 55ish MPH for 55 MPG. 49.9 MPG was max at 70 MPH M25 and 55 MPG on country roads. First time cars actually been out on the motorway since being purchased from new. In city I get 25 mpg....

?Just want to update on what I posted before that I got 25 MPG in city. Well today got the car serviced and its returning 42 MPG in city!!?? Only after having the oil changed and the car feels super light. I can image that the MPG on motorway would also increase but not going to be going on one for some time now. Not sure what sort of magic the dealer has performed on it, its either that or the computers going nuts:eek:

?Just want to update on what I posted before that I got 25 MPG in city. Well today got the car serviced and its returning 42 MPG in city!!?? Only after having the oil changed and the car feels super light. I can image that the MPG on motorway would also increase but not going to be going on one for some time now. Not sure what sort of magic the dealer has performed on it, its either that or the computers going nuts:eek:

Where are you incidentally? Is it the UK? as ambient temperatures make a significant difference to mpg especially on shorter runs.

Cant say Ive ever noticed an oil change affecting the feel of the car.

Where are you incidentally? Is it the UK? as ambient temperatures make a significant difference to mpg especially on shorter runs.

Cant say Ive ever noticed an oil change affecting the feel of the car.

Im in West London. I do around 40 miles per day, all in city. I think temperature may also have an affect, 19 degrees showing on computer today. I have also never felt so much of a difference after changing oil with driving and MPG.

My C200 station 2010

Hi,

in my 2010 C200 CDI station (manual), the best I got on a long trip (700 km) was 3.9 l/100km (3.6 in the OBC), which is around 72mpg.
On shorter trips I've managed around 3.2 l/100km (OBC), (88mpg) under good traffic and weather conditions and driving with the sole purpose of sparing fuel (around 65 mph).

Temperature has some influence, the hotter, the better.

OBC has an all-time (115 000 km) error of 6.1%.

Global average is 6.1 l/100km (46mpg), with a lot of city miles.

2012 C220cdi manual, averaging 44 mpg but mostly short journeys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom