C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well they've sold 15000 C350es in 2015 and 2016, so there must be some demand. Does anyone know if the B250e uses the same cable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's definitely not supposed to happen...
d5c13f9d699321e0d3a25736196feff3.jpg

you sure it came off in your hand guv?

Stuck in the socket. Looks like I won't be charging for a while.

Shall we run a book on how quickly I can extract a replacement from MB?

When I ordered my C350e I specified the 8m straight home charging cable however the car was delivered with the 4m coiled cable.

I've now had the correct cable delivered and have been told to keep the old one. The 4m one is of no use to me so I was thinking of offloading it via a well known online auction site. Does anyone know if there is likely to be a market for a used (albeit only a handful times) cable? I get the feeling that they are rather pricy to replace....

I would keep it and only sell it when you get rid of the car. They aren't the most reliable and you might be glad of a spare.

Or give Dodgy a ring!! :D

I would keep it and only sell it when you get rid of the car. They aren't the most reliable and you might be glad of a spare.

Or give Dodgy a ring!! :D

Sadly, I need an 8m. Zenith have booked it in with the local dealership, who've already told me they don't think it's a warranty claim because "there are signs of physical damage".

Do you have an updated 0-60 or know how many extra horses you have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine is in for a remap this week.....hopefully, will post the before and after Dyno runs when done. I have my doubts about the claims but will reserve judgement.

Remap sounds tempting. But are you not worried it may be found when taking it for a service?

Hi,

I'm now getting the issue again where the engine stays on and I end up with an extra 2 miles when doing my commute on motorway(80) miles.

The engine will not cut out but somehow will give me 2 miles at end of trip. I definitely have not put it in E-SAVE. Now its happening on each motorway journey so I'll have to book it in. Anyone seen this often before.

Hi,

I'm now getting the issue again where the engine stays on and I end up with an extra 2 miles when doing my commute on motorway(80) miles.

The engine will not cut out but somehow will give me 2 miles at end of trip. I definitely have not put it in E-SAVE. Now its happening on each motorway journey so I'll have to book it in. Anyone seen this often before.

I've noticed that even on Hybrid I will see the electric range rise over a long motorway drive.

I have though also noticed that, even if the ICE does not cut out, whenever I lift off the throttle for more than a moment I will get a green light on the regeneration gauge. I've always just put this down to the electric motor acting as a basic generator.

Hi,

Not good! If the engine won't cut out when you're stationary in Comfort Mode, something has definitely glitched.

And it's costing you 30p in fuel compared to 5p-ish in electricity every time. Grounds for compensation? [emoji848]

I suppose making sure it doesn't get any worse could be higher priority.

Hi JAT350e
Having the "E-MODE" opted out by the system, reflects that the battery pack can't be charged! If there isn't a warning light associated with this, then a RESET is necessary. The battery won't be charged (in "no fault" conditions) if it is either fully charged or fully depleted! I'd try using the "Charge" mode for a few miles, then stop and reboot the system!
Mark

Just back from the Mercedes dealership. They are sticking to the line that my damaged charging cable is not covered under warranty, so they need approval from the leasing company to go ahead with a replacement. The leasing company will claim that it's not their responsibility and they will need approval from my employer to cover the cost. My employer will want a cost code to bill, which thankfully is mine and I will sign it off. I'll just have to cancel the Christmas party to balance the books...

Then the fun begins. There's no stock at the dealer. Nor at the distribution centre in Milton Keynes. Nor even in Germany. They will add my order to the backlog for the next production run.

Hilariously, the dealer tells me this will mean it's a week or two before the replacement arrives. They're not sure exactly how long.

I'm willing to bet quite a tidy sum that I can have a charging point fitted at my house quicker than they can replace a cable. Now that I have a decent excuse, I'm going to do exactly that. The race is on!

So a question for those who have had their C350e longer than me.

Are winter tyres worth it?

It's something I would have to fund, as the company won't (although it's happy for me to fit them).

So a question for those who have had their C350e longer than me.

Are winter tyres worth it?

It's something I would have to fund, as the company won't (although it's happy for me to fit them).

A starting point for discussion: no, winter tyres are of very little use in the UK.

I once drove from Nottingham to Swindon in 4+ inches of snow in a BMW with regular tyres. No problem.

Just drive slower and spend the £800 on whisky.

Just back from the Mercedes dealership. They are sticking to the line that my damaged charging cable is not covered under warranty, so they need approval from the leasing company to go ahead with a replacement. The leasing company will claim that it's not their responsibility and they will need approval from my employer to cover the cost. My employer will want a cost code to bill, which thankfully is mine and I will sign it off. I'll just have to cancel the Christmas party to balance the books...

Then the fun begins. There's no stock at the dealer. Nor at the distribution centre in Milton Keynes. Nor even in Germany. They will add my order to the backlog for the next production run.

Hilariously, the dealer tells me this will mean it's a week or two before the replacement arrives. They're not sure exactly how long.

I'm willing to bet quite a tidy sum that I can have a charging point fitted at my house quicker than they can replace a cable. Now that I have a decent excuse, I'm going to do exactly that. The race is on!

Just yesterday I had to have my 3 pin charging lead replaced. See you had a 8m, mine was an 4m. Possibly there not that common in 8m guise.

My cable was faulty, smoked and melted the exterior plastic exposing the internal cables, booked into the dealers to investigate the car but it was found just to be a faulty cable. (Which I thought but they wanted to check the car) Informed they would swap it out under warranty and was delivered the next day. Seems perculiar that they are saying such a wait for you.

A starting point for discussion: no, winter tyres are of very little use in the UK.

I once drove from Nottingham to Swindon in 4+ inches of snow in a BMW with regular tyres. No problem.

Just drive slower and spend the £800 on whisky.

You were very lucky. I've had to push my neighbour's BMW down his drive!

Winter tyres - I think they are worthwhile, but I live high up in the Pennines and I can't very easily work from home.
I also have somewhere to store them and can swap them easily, so again it's no hassle to me. When I'm using the winters, I'm not wearing my summers out so that helps offset the initial outlay.

I'm talking generally now, rather than specific to our cars. One of the problems in the last few years has been the development of eco tread patterns, and the fad for fitting ever wider tyres on everyday cars. It used to be an average front wheel drive hatchback had 165/80/13 Goodyear NCTs and could happily get through most British weather. Now the equivalent car will have 225/45/17s in an eco tread pattern and can't cope with the weather. This, combined with busier roads and less gritting by councils can make the winter months a menace. The development of winter and all season tyres has been a good thing and I think the more people who used them, the less chaos there would be in the winter. I've noticed a few cars being sold with all season tyres on as standard now, and for your average hatchback driver who isn't trying to drive the Nurburgring they make far more sense. The problem is too many people couldn't give two hoots about their tyres and as long as they are black and round that'll do. See how many high spec, high power cars end up on crappy ditchfinders once they are a few years old. One last thing, and this is really important. We live in a small country but with massively different weather patterns, so each driver can only make their own decision based on their own circumstances. For many people in the south the wintery weather is probably a two day issue. For me and others in the bleak north, it lasts much longer.

You were very lucky. I've had to push my neighbour's BMW down his drive!

Winter tyres - I think they are worthwhile, but I live high up in the Pennines and I can't very easily work from home.
I also have somewhere to store them and can swap them easily, so again it's no hassle to me. When I'm using the winters, I'm not wearing my summers out so that helps offset the initial outlay.

I'm talking generally now, rather than specific to our cars. One of the problems in the last few years has been the development of eco tread patterns, and the fad for fitting ever wider tyres on everyday cars. It used to be an average front wheel drive hatchback had 165/80/13 Goodyear NCTs and could happily get through most British weather. Now the equivalent car will have 225/45/17s in an eco tread pattern and can't cope with the weather. This, combined with busier roads and less gritting by councils can make the winter months a menace. The development of winter and all season tyres has been a good thing and I think the more people who used them, the less chaos there would be in the winter. I've noticed a few cars being sold with all season tyres on as standard now, and for your average hatchback driver who isn't trying to drive the Nurburgring they make far more sense. The problem is too many people couldn't give two hoots about their tyres and as long as they are black and round that'll do. See how many high spec, high power cars end up on crappy ditchfinders once they are a few years old. One last thing, and this is really important. We live in a small country but with massively different weather patterns, so each driver can only make their own decision based on their own circumstances. For many people in the south the wintery weather is probably a two day issue. For me and others in the bleak north, it lasts much longer.

I was just being controversial.

An uncle of mine lives just outside Whaley Bridge and he's just spent months arguing with a dealer that put the wrong tyres on his car.

Driving on my own is a bit different to driving my family as well. On my own, it's just a case of going slower, concentrating more and pulling over if it gets too difficult. Having other people in the car makes it a whole new ball game.

PS. I was lucky that I didn't encounter a blocked road, but the whole "RWD is useless in winter" is massively exaggerated.

My 8 metre cable was replaced by MK two weeks ago. Prior to collecting it I was told by Clive (parts department) Bedford that he could see just two being available, one in MK and the other in Stevenage. You would be lucky to discover that the Stevenage one is still available but worth a call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom