C63 507 Edition Wide arch project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just finished reading this , what an absolute project that was ! Thanks for taking the time to photo and write up the project , much appreciated . :)
You have a set of “cojones” to take it all on buddy . I have trouble deciding if I need new wheel centres that are under £10 :eek:
It's all part of the fun... Money aside would I do it again? Without doubt. the project isn't finished yet as I keep finding more things to do.

I've ordered my coilovers So they should be here in around 6weeks or so and I'll be sending off my steering wheel and gear knob to be re trimmed with some green stitching over the winter when I'm not using it.

I'm now even thinking about changing my wheel colour to Bronze at some point, although a little unsure how they will look against the green paint and Gold calipers

Anyone any good with photo shop???/

TBh Bob, I've had Gyeon coated cars but they were no where near as good as this stuff, although can't comment on other brands as that would be unfair.. But for such a minimal price difference i wouldn't even look at anything else now

Reactions: AMV
Hey Guys

Back again, I collected the car today from the detailers after having its 1st wash and coating check, so I grabbed some more pics... yes I know MORE.. But I cant help it.
I can honestly say that I have never seen paintwork like this before.. these are just pics from my basic Nokia smart phone, so no photoshop or editing

106170353_3118916778175861_8415749273701908386_n.jpg

thumbnail_WP_20200706_13_35_46_Pro.jpgthumbnail_WP_20200706_13_36_29_Pro.jpgthumbnail_WP_20200706_13_36_39_Pro.jpgthumbnail_WP_20200706_13_37_00_Pro.jpgthumbnail_WP_20200706_13_37_28_Pro.jpg

That colour is incredible, and the pics of it are amazing! But I LOVE the exhaust tip pic! :)

That colour is incredible, and the pics of it are amazing! But I LOVE the exhaust tip pic! :)
Me too Simon, it took me a good few hours yo clean them up prior to it being detailed, they have now been Coated In Kamikaze Stance rim, hopefully it helps keep them cleaner

Lee, that is very Kawasaki.
I know, when I looked through every colour/shade of green available by any paint manufacture Kawasaki Lime Green was the only colour that popped this way, The guys at Golding Barn took some of that paint mix and added it t Mercedes Viper Green to get finish i wanted... Kawasaki candy lime green is a little lighter and doesn't have as much gold in the pearl.. But its very close, unless you'd put the 2 colours side by side you wouldn't be able to tell the differences

Thanks Chris... I see you finally found some time to work on your car too, looks really good buddy

Finally Got around to fitting the Radiator Block Off Plate today to help with Cooling , Courtesy of @sirius9 .
Fitting is very simple, Simply remove the intake panel, clean the top of the radiator with some APC, and wipe down with some IPA to ensure all residues are removed. Peel the backing tape from the adhesive strip supplied and fit into place.
Fitting is very simple and looks like an OEM part. Overall good quality and price. Highly recommend this product.

View attachment 98661View attachment 98662View attachment 98663
This plate looks interesting, is this sold on the forum? Let me know if it helps stabilise the temps, I was seeing 118c on manual mode in the hot weather, seems a tad high given this was on the road not even track, albeit at pace.

PM @sirius9 as he has a few in production at the moment priced at £55 delivered. Advertised on a C63 forum on Facebook.

Looks great in that colour. Have you thought of dechroming it?

PM @sirius9 as he has a few in production at the moment priced at £55 delivered. Advertised on a C63 forum on Facebook.
you beat me to it...

As above matey, yes it does help but its not a complete cure.. It's mainly helps recovery faster by chanelling the air into the rad

Looks great in that colour. Have you thought of dechroming it?
I did buddy, but wanted to keep the Oem Chrome, think it looks more factory that way
, blacking out the chrome seems to be the in thing atm, just not for me

i like that alot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom