C63 507 Edition Wide arch project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Apologies the colours may be completely wrong but here's a quick mess around (not photoshop)

I use this site to play around with colours and parts

Tuning Of Mercedes C class Sedan 2007 - 3DTuning_Page_1.jpg

Apologies the colours may be completely wrong but here's a quick mess around (not photoshop)

I use this site to play around with colours and parts

View attachment 99029
Thanks for taking the time to do that Bob, looking at it now, I'm not convinced it will look right... Maybe in a gloss finish, and then paint the calipers again in green..... :wallbash:

Hi lee love the project I have a question if I may how did you secure the bonnet vents back after your awesome paint job was it 3m heat tape many thanks

Hi lee love the project I have a question if I may how did you secure the bonnet vents back after your awesome paint job was it 3m heat tape many thanks
Hey buddy,
They are simply fitted back with 5mm 3m heat tape. It only has tape applied to the sides, but I have it all the way round mine to stop them dropping on the bottom edge.

Thanks for taking the time to do that Bob, looking at it now, I'm not convinced it will look right... Maybe in a gloss finish, and then paint the calipers again in green..... :wallbash:
That would be rather too Kermit. Somehow you have to balance excess with good taste.

That would be rather too Kermit. Somehow you have to balance excess with good taste.
I can't make my mind up buddy.. I keep looking at it and wondering what to do.

Hey guys , hope your all keeping well.

Have another little update now,
When I started this project I was adamant that I was going to keep the chrome trims so that it looked like an oem finish... well curiosity has got the better of me..
I decided to take the car down to my local wrappers for a partial dechrome.
As you can see in the pics I have kept the 3 pointed stars in chrome and the C63 AMG. The wheel centre caps, bonnet emblem and wing emblems are black and chrome so have kept them too.
Here's some pics after collection yesterday.

IMG_20200827_174817_454.jpg

IMG_20200827_180214_807.jpg

Will have to find another way of uploading the other pics as they are too large... odd.

In the mean time I'm still waiting on the KW Supension kit to arrive, frustrating as it is waiting on things I've still not learnt any patience.

I have also decided to keep the wheels black now, as having it dechromed seems to make the wheels look even better in black. And it'll save me having to change the caliper colour again.

Personally I think you made the right choice. It somehow looks more complete now, the colour scheme 'flows' much better, if that makes any sense! :thumb: :cool:

Personally I think you made the right choice. It somehow looks more complete now, the colour scheme 'flows' much better, if that makes any sense! :thumb: :cool:
Total sense.. I know the Majority of people also thought I should have gone with black in the first place..
I'm too indecisive for my own good, still, it's got there in the end.

Reactions: Abb
Hey buddy,
They are simply fitted back with 5mm 3m heat tape. It only has tape applied to the sides, but I have it all the way round mine to stop them dropping on the bottom edge.
Do you know what thickness of tape you had 1mm? Thanks

Wow just wow...... Respect👌. But i also think dirty bronze wheels would work with the body and caliper colour.
Tony.

Wow just wow...... Respect👌. But i also think dirty bronze wheels would work with the body and caliper colour.
Tony.
Thanks fella, still contemplating what to tbh, so gonna have a play this weekend and see what works.

I'm too indecisive for my own good.. not a personal fan of silver, esp after doing a partial dechrome, the black wheels seem to blend in better now. Its gonna have to wait to winter anyway.. new steering wheel and shifter now on order too😊

Hey Guys.... some more news

Re Coilovers
KW have been an absolute pain and have lost all faith in them and their customer service, they cancelled my order again due to covid and has been another further delay in manufacture.. so moving on, I'm now going down a completely bespoke route with Ohlins, Yes thats right. They currently make a kit for the Black series but not for any other model C63, So I have joined forces with An Ohlins Distributer that specializes in bespoke suspension, and they are going to develope a kit using my car. Once finished this will be available for all w204 Model C63's

I'm not sure how long this will take , But it will be worth it in the end.

Be back soon with some updated when I have them.

In the meantime.. Here's some shots taken from a meet that i went to a few weeks back that were taken and sent to me via instagram

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom