C63 507 Edition Wide arch project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is probably my favourite thread, I have total respect and admiration for you. More cojones than I have, and what a car. Bloody lovely :cool:

Once finished this will be available for all w204 Model C63's
Do you know what the minimum drop will be?

I want to get coilovers next year and was looking at KW V3 because they can be set to no drop at the rear and only 5mm drop at the front. I'd like to stay as close as possible to stock ride height.

Do you know what the minimum drop will be?

I want to get coilovers next year and was looking at KW V3 because they can be set to no drop at the rear and only 5mm drop at the front. I'd like to stay as close as possible to stock ride height.

hey buddy, were are working from a stock height with an adjustment range of 20mm so will be almost the same drop as KW, this is another reason why I didn't want other brands as most are a min drop of 30mm, and that it too much for my liking.. and the other Major benefit is the Ohlins kit is that you wont have to sacrifice any slow speed comfort as the trade off for hi speed stability due to the Hi speed blow off valve and they can be fully rebuilt rather than throwing them away when they wear out.

Sounds good Lee.

I've always admired Ohlins even though I've never tried any of their products.

Watching with interest...

Sounds good Lee.

I've always admired Ohlins even though I've never tried any of their products.

Watching with interest...
OhlIns is mega stuff buddy, have used it for years in BSB.

+me on that. Suspension sunshine. So controlable. Think what you want, dial it in and you got it. But do take notes.
Too may people dont do that. Start with your base setting and work from that, always making notes on every adjustment. Chassis and suspension data is a must. It becomes extremely easy to lose your way.. and the frightening thing is when I see race bikes that have been played with by people that have absolutely no idea what they are doing, road riders are among the worst

Hey Guys, some Small Updates
1st Coilovers
these are now being produced and should be with me in around 8 weeks or so.. I won't go into the details just yet, as i'll do a full write up on them when they are delivered.. but progress is being made

Next up Decals
I produce OEM grade 507 decals, and have now started doing them in Carbon Fibre 2x2 textured weave Vinyl, I picked up the 1st batch today and OMG!!!!! this really is amazing stuff and seriously considering replacing my existing set with these.. what do you guys Think??
thumbnail_20201001_132542.jpg

Thought so too buddy.. Booked in to have them fitted on my car soon. If anything will help for advertising them too

Your car looks fantastic but I would worry that adding fake carbon fibre decals will not be an enhancement. To much cf about these days both real and fake. Just my opinion though.

Your car looks fantastic but I would worry that adding fake carbon fibre decals will not be an enhancement. To much cf about these days both real and fake. Just my opinion though.
I'm with you too buddy, and TBH not entirely sure myself yet.. The only way I'll know for sure is to fit them and find out.. worst case I'll just remove them and re fit the other ones back on..
as far as I know I'm the only one making them in this exact profile and grade vinyl.. and that's another reason to fit them so I can use them as advertising.

On Another Note.. I found some old pics of My superstock 10R.... If the Ohlins on the car look anything like these.....

11967_4438332565010_989461698_n.jpg

59701_4454966900858_113461602_n (1).jpg

Good looking bike. OCD again.

Pretty much buddy, I bought it for its engine as its was a fully built engine with kit ECU , clutch etc, stripped out down to a chassis, then did a full rebuild, paint suspension and so on... was a mad bike..

Beautiful car and love the level of detail you have gone into!

On a side note, I vote to have the stock finish on the rear lights, I feel the tint cheapens the overall quality that's gone into the rest of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom