C63 507 Edition Wide arch project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
its finally happening!!!!! Phatass surgery starts Monday. I dropped the car off today with the guys at golding barn garage. we went over some more details about the work and additional work i wanted carried out. There has also been a colour switch as i wasn't totally convinced that hell green was right for the car, it didn't seem to pop enough, no matter what light it put it in, it just seemed too dark. Over the past few weeks I've been looking at various other shades and combination and given them to the painter. When i arrived today i was given a dozen different samples, placed them all on the car and we now have an ultimate winner.

WP_20200201_15_38_51_Pro.jpg

WP_20200201_15_39_01_Pro.jpg

cheers dude, so am I, its taken weeks just to get the right paint colour, then we realised that red brake calipers won't look right, so they are being fully refurbed in Bronze

Watching your build with great anticipation!

A scary moment chopping the old arches out [emoji33]

Scary to say the least...I'm just glad I'm not there to see it happen!! No turning back now..

What are you doing about decals? OEM or after market?

What are you doing about decals? OEM or after market?

Well, not sure if you remember but I had a set of OEM decals copied by my sign writers, so we have used these as a template, the rear arches are so wide that the OEM are too short, so we've had to make them longer, still going with Mactac pro 900 series as per OEM

Well, not sure if you remember but I had a set of OEM decals copied by my sign writers, so we have used these as a template, the rear arches are so wide that the OEM are too short, so we've had to make them longer, still going with Mactac pro 900 series as per OEM
Sorry, it's been a while. I remember something now abbot a problem getting the exact colour match in the Matt finish

it took some doing but got there in the end. Not sure as to the exact shade yet as the OEM colour may be a little too light against the green. The biggest thing for me is that the pattern is exactly the same as oem

I see although they have started the blending work on the outside the two old inner and outer arch skins are still open behind. I’d be interested in how they address that area. Will the two skins be brought together and welded or bonded with some structural bonding product?

of course buddy, they fit a new arch liner that covers all the way into the the new outer arch, then refit the OEM arch liner over The top. Once complete it will be completely closed off.

I meant the two panel skins which are a structural part. Arch liner is a great idea, otherwise a lot of crud will build up behind the new arch, but I’m interested in whether they’ll be welding that open gap or bonding it in some way?

A0-B0468-D-97-B4-44-D2-825-F-413-CE910-B6-E9.png

A scary moment chopping the old arches out [emoji33]
As someone on here said this kind of work devalues a 507...but who cares ? I love when this sort of stuff happens, and it's a big plus for all the owners of bog standard 507's out there their own car becomes more rare and potentially worth more.

Out of interest I would like to know how they rust proof the exposed cut edge of the wheel arch.

Can't wait to see it finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom