C63 507 Model Register

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Yex
Beautiful!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd completely forgotten that video and how it made me drop everything and go over to see the car and buy it the same day :)

Only difference to the video is the car now has a full set of badges on the back in black finish and a Quaife differential now fitted which makes a VERY noticeable difference in the handling and driveability of the car :thumb:

Still in love with the car and will be for a considerable time :D

I'd completely forgotten that video and how it made me drop everything and go over to see the car and buy it the same day :)

Only difference to the video is the car now has a full set of badges on the back in black finish and a Quaife differential now fitted which makes a VERY noticeable difference in the handling and driveability of the car :thumb:

Still in love with the car and will be for a considerable time :D

I don’t blame you, beautiful colour along with spec.

I assume it just means the gearbox software update (TCU)

Maybe @supaer can confirm?

That is exactly the problem WIN.
It’s a lot of money and I guess risk for both buyer and seller in the private domain.

I have traded for a 2017 W207 E350 at Mercedes dealer which I pickup this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve noticed your car on the Mercedes website. I’d be really interested to know what the trade in value they gave you was if you could pm me? If I were to make an offer for the car it’s be interesting to see how much wiggle room they have in the price...

If not no problem, I know it’s a private question!

Thanks
Dan

I’ve noticed your car on the Mercedes website. I’d be really interested to know what the trade in value they gave you was if you could pm me? If I were to make an offer for the car it’s be interesting to see how much wiggle room they have in the price...

Thanks
Dan

You don't have enough posts for private messaging yet Dan. You need 30.
If you are both online at the same time one of you could put up an email address or mobile number and edit it out within 15 mins.

You don't have enough posts for private messaging yet Dan. You need 30.
If you are both online at the same time one of you could put up an email address or mobile number and edit it out within 15 mins.

Oh I didn’t realise thank you..! Should probably just comment a bit more!

Thanks
Dan

Dan, Usually traders tend to have around a 4-5k turnover on this kind of amount. For instance the white one which G-Kirby has listed recently, This is up for 43k, But they paid 38k for it...
So I’d imagine roughly about the same, Or there abouts..

I assume it just means the gearbox software update (TCU)

Maybe @supaer can confirm?

I asked my local MB Palace to check the software when I put my one in for a service late last year and it came back "feeling" different. They stated they had done a software check and update where necessary and the car felt better to drive and probably smoother through the gears overall. I'm not sure how they keep doing this for a car that is a few years old but perhaps they notice things on the new cars and see if this can be used on older models to good effect ?

It was a nice car with a nice spec.
What’s your budget? Any colour preferences?

Will keep an eye out.

Well I’ve just taken a deposit for the datsun.
I won’t post my budget as I know I’d like to get one for 30k but realistically I know I’m probably going to be the better side of 35k.
As for colour, I had black previous and don’t want another black one (I know Bajies car was black..)
I love red but I am conscious of the issues ...

Dan

Well I’ve just taken a deposit for the datsun.
I won’t post my budget as I know I’d like to get one for 30k but realistically I know I’m probably going to be the better side of 35k.
As for colour, I had black previous and don’t want another black one (I know Bajies car was black..)
I love red but I am conscious of the issues ...

Dan

The white one at GKirby is a good one, Nice mileage & spec too, But price is a tad ££

7D454F20-7045-477B-B212-60E57C3F32F9.png

Phil

I’m not sure if there are anomalies with the way these statistics are captured on Howmanyleft . In your original post you referred to 233 Edition 507s. Looking at this in Q4 2015 there were a maximum number of 235 cars registered and 4 SORN giving 239 in total. The latest figures at the end of Q3 2018 there were 221 plus 14 SORN giving 235. If the max was actually 239 it looks as though only 4 may have been written off or exported and the rest are still about. I know of one U.K. car (white coupe) which went to Ireland.

Cheers

Andy

Andy

Thanks for this. The only information I have on the total number of cars registered is from the DVLA data so what you've shown above is probably the most accurate information available. That and details on the breakdown between coupe/saloon/estate from forum posts going back to 2013/15. I guess it will also depend how accurately the cars are reported on the DVLA. Have some non-507s been included and others missed?
I know of a Magno Platinum coupe that has been exported to Malta and a black saloon exported somewhere but not a white coupe in Ireland. If you could PM the details to me then that would be very much appreciated. There are some cars that aren't registered but also aren't SORN so where do they appear?

183 on my list at the moment so at least another 50 to go at!!

Phil

If you're after a low mileage car then just be aware that all that sitting around parked up may not be the best thing for a vehicle

This is a recent MOT fail from a 5 year old 507 that has completed just 5,500 miles.

Repair immediately (major defects):
  • Engine MIL inoperative or indicates a malfunction (8.2.1.2 (h))
Repair as soon as possible (minor defects):
  • Nearside Front Suspension arm ball joint dust cover severely deteriorated Castor arm (5.3.4 (b) (i))
  • Offside Front Suspension arm ball joint dust cover severely deteriorated Castor arm (5.3.4 (b) (i))
Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
  • Front Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened corroded on inner face (1.1.14 (a) (ii))

I'm with Phil on the subject of low mileage cars. I have a TVR that I still take out in the middle of winter if the road is dry and the weather clear. Leaving it to stand for months on end over the winter can (and has) led to costly issues to repair. I think that all cars need to be driven all year round where possible as they benefit from regular use. Jobs identified on the TVR and other previous cars I have owned after long periods of non use cover rubber hoses, brake pads, fuel lines and filters, sensors etc.

Best to drive our toys whenever we can :)

Andy

Thanks for this. The only information I have on the total number of cars registered is from the DVLA data so what you've shown above is probably the most accurate information available. That and details on the breakdown between coupe/saloon/estate from forum posts going back to 2013/15. I guess it will also depend how accurately the cars are reported on the DVLA. Have some non-507s been included and others missed?
I know of a Magno Platinum coupe that has been exported to Malta and a black saloon exported somewhere but not a white coupe in Ireland. If you could PM the details to me then that would be very much appreciated. There are some cars that aren't registered but also aren't SORN so where do they appear?

183 on my list at the moment so at least another 50 to go at!!

Phil

Hi Phil

I’ll pm you re the car in Ireland. Have you any AMG sales contacts, they may have access to the most accurate numbers of 507s sold in the U.K.

Andy

I’ve not been on the site for a bit through work commitments, fatigue and missing the 507 ...

Mark up was 5.5k
Looking at prices now, it seems that is the going rate and a bit of haggling will get you a little off the price I guess.

The car sold quickly too, didnt even get pictures on the website [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom