Car still slow after MAS change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeterE320Cdi

Car
C219 CLS 320 CDi, R170 SLK 230K, XC60 Past Cars: S210 E320 CDi rusty, CLK 240, S210 E300 DT
My E class has been getting slower and slower so having read the various MAS/MAF posted I decided to get a new one from the Mercedes dealer. Fitted it last weekend and the car was better but still not as it should be.

If I floor the accelarator it kicks down but will then change up at about 3,500 revs where before it would not change till around 4,500.

Do you think I should take the MAS back and ask for a different one or are there other common problems I should check?

Cheers, Peter.

It will be a MB Pieburg one ;)

Check for air filter blockage, cat blockage, leaking turbo pipes, EGR Valve and inlet port motor. Did i miss anything :D

It will be a MB Pieburg one ;)

Check for air filter blockage, cat blockage, leaking turbo pipes, EGR Valve and inlet port motor. Did i miss anything :D

My reason for asking was that there are some odd make replacements out there that do not last 5 mins

Measure the voltage from Pin-5 of the MAF, just under 2V at idle and approx 4.5v at full revs.
Being a parts jockey will just get expensive with no reward.

I'd go with blocked cat if it has one.

My reason for asking was that there are some odd make replacements out there that do not last 5 mins

Its says in the 1st post about acquiring it from a MB dealer :D

I have the same car, i bought a MAS from MB and its Pieburg so i assume they're the same!

Leaking vacuum system ?
Pressure converters ?
What is boost pressure level ?
Power increases “hand in hand” with boost pressure.
If pressure don’t reach max level, power neither.

What about smoke ?
If boost pressure leaks, mostly there are lot of smoke too.

If there is nothing in “false memory”, and no smoke.
It might be some kind of boost pressure-problem.

Maybe “learning “ transmission learns to change earlier, when it sees, that engine have poor power.
When you get the power back, the transmission will be ok, too.

Its says in the 1st post about acquiring it from a MB dealer :D

I have the same car, i bought a MAS from MB and its Pieburg so i assume they're the same!

Yes I re read it last night so the fault will be else where and Dieselman could be right with blocked CATs

Drive it real hard for a the next few starts and see if its just adaption.

Bazzle

Thank you everyone for the advice. I went on a 60 mile drive yesterday and it has cured the problem. I can not think why a longer drive would have sorted it so fingers crossed its not an intermittent problem.

Cheers, Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom