Charity Dinner - Help for Heroes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
Following on from the earlier thread that got attached to a dining idea, I have managed to have a decent conversation with Nigel Platts-Martin, who co-owns the Square, Ledbury, Chez Bruce, La Trompette and the Glasshouse.

He would be delighted to host us for dinner in one of the private rooms for about 12 (i have asked for the absolute capacity of each room) at either the Square in Mayfair (2 stars) or La Trompette in Chiswick (1 star but a new chef just appointed who was sous chef at the Square.

The Square private room is normally available on Fridays and Saturdays, whereas Trompette would be during the week. He estimates that for a five course dinner (with all the usual amuse bouches, service, water and coffee etc) it would be £75 each at Trompette and £100 at the Square. I propose to provide the wine in return for a donation to Help for Heroes and I estimate with champagne bought at cost from the restaurants (I don't have enough) the cost of booze will be about £40 each.

On to dates, I would like to get a firm date in any of April, May and June sorted. Could the following confirm to me that they are still interested (I'll try and email or pm directly) and give me any Friday or Saturday dates they cannot do in those months.

As to wives etc, someone asked me for my opinion - I have no problems, the capacity is 16 at the Square and 14 at most at Trompette (might be less - Nigel hasn't used it yet), and we have a little leeway. If everybody wants to bring wives along and there is more interest, I could organise two dinners.

1. Charles Morgan
2. ricky s
3. c240sport97
4. flanaia1
5. Simon M
6. Trapperjohn
7. Gollom
8. BlackC55
9. C43AMG
10. Alx

Last edited:
Yes, please and thank you very much for organising.

Dates I can't do:

Fri 5th April
Sat 6 April
Fri 12 April
Sat 13 April

Fri 3 May
Sat 4 May
Fri 10 May
Sat 11 May
Fri 25 May
Sat 26 May

Fri 21 June
Sat 22 June
Fri 28 June
Sat 29 June

trapperjohn and Elizabeth would like early June please. Elizabeth is more than understanding if this is to be "stag" only.

Trapperjohn - can i just be clear on which exact dates in June you can do?

Trapperjohn - can i just be clear on which exact dates in June you can do?

My apologies. June is clear for us in total. We shall repel all attempts at babysitting duties and - Dad can you justs - 'till we get a date for the Charity Dinner. If it happens not to fall in June then so be it.

CHEERS

Thanks Mr T. My aim is to get a date certain within at most a couple of days so I can get the restaurant booked. Once that is on, no-one may drop out!

Thank you for this. I would be interested, however fridays are out for me.

Delighted to have you - of the Saturdays above, any where you are not free?

An update - Ricky can do Saturdays in late May and all of June. It looks to me that the following Saturdays are proving to be ones we can do.

June 8th and 15th.

So remaining members if they could confirm availability for then, I'll get the date reserved.

I think the Square is the one I'd go for, it is much more central and I know it will be superb.

Wherever you choose for your dinner (or dinners!) I hope all will have a superb evening. Thank you Charles for organising an event that will raise much needed funds for one of my favourite causes.

David,

So far, everybody who has replied, including seven, can do Saturday 8th or 15th.

So unless I hear otherwise soon, I'll pencil these in for the Square with the owner soon.

1. Charles Morgan 8 or 15th June
2. ricky s 8 or 15th June
3. c240sport97 8 or 15th June
4. flanaia1
5. Simon M
6. Trapperjohn 8 or 15th June
7. Gollom
8. BlackC55
9. C43AMG
10. Alx
11. Seven 8 or 15th June

Sadly, will probably be an issue for me. Given that I am getting wed soon and that I would want to bring Sue the total cost is prohibitive for us :(

I am sure there will enough takers though!

Charles, thank you for running with this and organising it.

My preference would be The Square due to its central location. I hate to be a pain but I would bail out if it was in Chiswick as it is just too far for me.

4. flanaia1
5. Simon M. 8 or 15th June
7. Gollom
8. BlackC55
9. C43AMG
10. Alx
11. Seven 8 or 15th June

Simon

Last edited:
Simon - thanks - I think you've got the dates slightly out, but I'll add you to Saturday the 8th and 15th June dates.

4. flanaia1
5. Simon M 8 or 15th June
7. Gollom - probably not
8. BlackC55
9. C43AMG
10. Alx
11. Seven 8 or 15th June

Charles, definitely still up for it but I'm currently in Canada on a huge litigation case and probably wont be back in the UK until mid next week. I will confirm for sure then but early part of June looks clear for me and my May doesn't look bad either. Hope thats OK at this stage and as I say will confirm ASAP

Greetings from a very snowy Toronto :thumb:

Thanks Ian.

Judging by the response, I've asked Nigel to confirm if the Square private room is free on Saturday 8th and 15th June and fix a date from that.

If Olly, Peter and Alex could confirm that these dates work for them, I would be most grateful.

Hi Charles,

At the moment both are okay. I think Olly is on holiday.

Yes many thanks for organizing it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom