cheap first car wanted 1.2 1.4 budget £2000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ucr

MB Enthusiast
Car
car
What do you have ?

Daughters car is a phase 2 Clio (<06) - cheap to repair ,run and insure.

Kenny

Ive got ford fiesta 57 plate 81600 miles with history and mot

If I needed something like that I'd look for a small Japanese car can't go wrong with it!:)

Got the wife's Fiat Punto Active Sport 1.2 8v 54 plate under 32k miles, she has owned this car for over 7 years, only been replaced by a Fiat Stilo Abarth. Stolen off of me.

Full service history, cambelt done last year, 10 months MOT, some tax (so you can get home :D) Rossa red.

I think it's group 8 insurance.

£1495.

Keep them coming !!!!

What model is the fiesta

i've just bought an 05 two owner fiat panda dynamic as a run around.
full service history, great condition, £800 :D

No help to you but i'm fair chuffed.

Got the wife's Fiat Punto Active Sport 1.2 8v 54 plate under 32k miles, she has owned this car for over 7 years, only been replaced by a Fiat Stilo Abarth. Stolen off of me.

Full service history, cambelt done last year, 10 months MOT, some tax (so you can get home :D) Rossa red.

I think it's group 8 insurance.

£1495.
I think as soon as you sell a vehicle it will have no tax

I think as soon as you sell a vehicle it will have no tax

So on the new car tax system how do you drive it home with no tax or is it a simple phone call to the DVLA ?
Sorry, didn't mean to high jack this thread.

I've sold 2 cars under the new system and the dvla don't even know, it's ridiculous, the car is taxed until a months time when they process the v5, then it gets refunded to the seller, BUT it is still actually taxed. They say you are supposed to tax it via the keepers slip but no one would actually know or care as the car will be in the previous owners name for that 3-4 week exchange period anyway.

Been told now it be a facelift polo from 55 plate onwards or 2004 model onwards golf

I would go for a Vauxhall corsa 1.2 SXi (2005 ish) or a Ford Fiesta (2005 ish). Both have ABS, ESP, power steering, CD player and some little alloy wheels to scuff up :)

I would go for a Vauxhall corsa 1.2 SXi (2005 ish) or a Ford Fiesta (2005 ish). Both have ABS, ESP, power steering, CD player and some little alloy wheels to scuff up :)

As does the Fiat Punto and they don't rust any more, unlike Fords and Vauxhalls, the wife had a VW Golf years ago, then we had a few Uno turbo's and she was hooked, we did try a brand new Mini Cooper S back in 2005, after a year she traded it in for this Punto and now will only have Fiats.

Thanks

Any member got any polo or golfs for sale

For cheap insurance (especially for young drivers) and good resale value I would go for an Audi A2 1.4 SE. Great car, aluminum body means no rust to worry about. Both daughters been insured on it to build up their ncb before moving onto more expensive cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom