• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Chrome Pedals - Very Rare!!

GRAV888 said:
You wanna bet? :devil:

I'll give ya run for your money :) :) :) auto vs auto :D

0..60 4.6
0..100 10.8

" Autocar figures not mine "

plus an ecu upgrade + de limit, i bottled it after doing 165 on the m5 and applied the middle peddle.

well ??

andy_cyp said:
I'll give ya run for your money :) :) :) auto vs auto :D

0..60 4.6
0..100 10.8

" Autocar figures not mine "

plus an ecu upgrade + de limit, i bottled it after doing 165 on the m5 and applied the middle peddle.

well ??

Mmmmmmmmmmmm
E55 against C32 :rolleyes:
Roll on the next Bruntingthorpe me thinks ;)

andy_cyp said:
i bottled it after doing 165 on the m5 and applied the middle peddle.

mmmm - nice responsible driving there then :rolleyes:

GRAV888 said:
Mmmmmmmmmmmm
E55 against C32 :rolleyes:
Roll on the next Bruntingthorpe me thinks ;)

but a challenge for a safe(ish) legal environment :rock:

GRAV888 said:
Must be a policeman then :devil:

:D - nice one :rock: ;)

andy_cyp said:

well ??

Clearly one rule for you and another for the rest of us!!! :D ;)

No doubt this was done in the early hours of the morning with no other vehicles on the road, and perhaps you were 'off duty' ;)

All remarks made very much tongue in cheek and certainly NOT aimed at andy_cyp

John

Its ok John, he was familiarising himself with the performance aspects of his vehicle to ensure the safety of other motorists should he need to drive above the prescribed speed limits...................sorry it sounded crap when the police used it, so that wont work.

as an innocent bystander to this thread I have had the pleasure of driving Gravs car. If you think you are going to beat it with a manual you are sooooooooo naive. I still wear the grin to this day. Yes I know its dull chrome but oh what an engine. It rocks and anything it passes rocks with the slipstream :rock:

Being a former E55 owner, i have to agree. Be prepared to be demolished!
I have driven a C32 and lets say i wasn't impressed after the power of a v8. Size matters!

Ian B Walker said:
as an innocent bystander to this thread I have had the pleasure of driving Gravs car. If you think you are going to beat it with a manual you are sooooooooo naive. I still wear the grin to this day. Yes I know its dull chrome but oh what an engine. It rocks and anything it passes rocks with the slipstream :rock:

Yes the 165 spped was recorded at 3.00/3.30ish early sunday morning, not a car in view and a mile & half flat long stretch, sorry but had to do it, was 1st and last time though if that helps my cause " gulp "

and errrrrrr e55 with a manual gearbox ???????? you find one and i swear ill buy it ya... uk originated of course.

will some one post the performance figures from autocar for both cars please.

cuz i rercall e55 0.60 4.6
c32 0.60 4.8 Please correct me if im wrong

e55 0.100 10.06
c32 0.100 10.08

And i am talking about the new e55 The beast, is/was/and will always remain the ultimate beast. :crazy:

Autocar figures show :-

C32 V6 AMG

Max speed 158 mph
0-60 4.6
0-100 10.8
349 bhp

E55 AMG

Max speed 155mph (limited of course ;) )
0-60 4.6
0-100 10.4
469 bhp

The 30-70, 50-70 times are very similar too, to within .2 of a second
Its a close thing admittedly, but if you've ever driven, been in or even heard one go past, the V8 is the daddy........

Is yours the new c32 ?

Howard said:
Autocar figures show :-

C32 V6 AMG

Max speed 158 mph
0-60 4.6
0-100 10.8
349 bhp

E55 AMG

Max speed 155mph (limited of course ;) )
0-60 4.6
0-100 10.4
469 bhp

The 30-70, 50-70 times are very similar too, to within .2 of a second

Its a close thing admittedly, but if you've ever driven, been in or even heard one go past, the V8 is the daddy........

Is yours the new c32 ?

Aren't those the figures for the new W211 E55, ie the V8 Kompressor? ;)
I think Grav has the W210 :confused:

Will

Yes its the new c32 w203 , and yes i have seen & driven the new e55 my friend jusy forked out just under £70k for a brand new one, and i do agree it sounds the boll****. hes drove mine too and refused to place em side by side and do a few sprints :confused:

Ive also driven the earlier e55 ,sorry dont know the model but it was an 2001 model, one of the latest before the beast came out, and although it was quick i can honestly say it isnt as quick as my 32, but then again thats my opinion.

I can also confirm that M5 VS C32 was again no contest, not on a 0.60 dash nor on a 0.100, and bear in mind that the m5 is manual, we did approx 10 runs and he didnt beat me once, and that was before i had an ecu upgrdade pushing it to nearly 380bhp, next mod has definatly got to be the kleemans 404bhp, gotta rest for a while now though cuz i just spent a fortune on oem amg 18's, rentech lowering springs, c55 rear spoiler, sport grille,hood emblem, and of course the mbclub pedals :)

peace :rock:

Will said:
Aren't those the figures for the new W211 E55, ie the V8 Kompressor? ;)
I think Grav has the W210 :confused:

Will

And its chipped :D

That V8 rumble is the ultimate. No normal road user is going to use the full power of either vehicle, but the rumble makes the vehicle feel fast whilst it is just waiting for traffic lights to change.

The V8 Kompressor badges just add :D ;) more street cred, and anyone, yes anyone that removes those badges to 'de-badge' their car is one loaf short of a full load. (just my own crazy opinion though)

Now what one would I prefer?? hmmmmm tricky question!!!

Guy, what one would you prefer??? ;) :D

I accept you are happy with your very nice and very fast car. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this very powerful vehicle.

It would be interesting to see how it would perform in sensible acceleration tests against the new 420CDI diesel E-class. I am thinking of 30mph -50mph or similar.

John

Regards,
John

del320 said:
...all these quoted performance times....
Is that with, or without Chrome Pedals?

:eek: You didnt know that Chrome Pedals make your car go faster? :D

Haud me back! Ah'm aff t' get a set :devil:

Can performance be further improved by driving in bare feet and jelly shoes or Jesus sandals - the better to see same pedals.

And should I fit puddle lights in the footwell for night driving?

:D

del320 said:
Haud me back! Ah'm aff t' get a set :devil:

Can performance be further improved by driving in bare feet and jelly shoes or Jesus sandals - the better to see same pedals.

And should I fit puddle lights in the footwell for night driving?

:D

I've already done that :bannana:
Took me 2 mins.
Go buy some of those blue or red led lights the lorry drivers have in their windscreens, plug into cigarette lighter and tuck lights under side trim by center console.
Job done. :bannana: :rock:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom