CLK C209 Error code P205A

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clogdiver

Car
2006 CLK 200K / 2013 E Class E350 CDI Sport
Hi,

Im getting a code of P205A which does not seem to be listed. The generic description is
P-205A Reductant Tank Temperature Sensor Circuit

Is this correct and what is it or is there a real Mercedes description for that fault code?

p-2050 refers to a logged misfire. Ideally you need to get it on STAR for a more accurate error code. What problems are you having?

same code on mine - replaced battery and cleaned MAF - still in limp mode - might take a bat to it and be done with it

Hi. Thanks for that, I'll check out what a DEF tank is.

The good news is that I cleaned the MAF, that took two faults away, replaced the battery, it ram better but still didn't change. I then met a neighbour who low and behold works for an Indy BMW garage, he said come one down and so I did that yesterday, he plugged it into a proper diagnostics machine, list as ling as my arm cane up, lots of low voltage 10.5 volt ones, no transmission faults, printed and cleared the ECU. BACK ON THE ROAD. RUNNING LIKE A DREAM :)

Thank you all so much for your help and advice

Hi. Thanks for that, I'll check out what a DEF tank is.

The good news is that I cleaned the MAF, that took two faults away, replaced the battery, it ram better but still didn't change. I then met a neighbour who low and behold works for an Indy BMW garage, he said come one down and so I did that yesterday, he plugged it into a proper diagnostics machine, list as ling as my arm cane up, lots of low voltage 10.5 volt ones, no transmission faults, printed and cleared the ECU. BACK ON THE ROAD. RUNNING LIKE A DREAM :)

Thank you all so much for your help and advice
Did you adjust the gearbox oil level as this is critical.
Edit you don't have a DEF tank on a petrol engine the fault refers to the transmission see my other reply on another thread you posted.

I didn't adjust it no. I was going to ask how to do so?

Thanks
You'll need a gearbox oil dip stick and drain the oil from the gearbox sump through the drain plug difficult to judge or use a pump and suck the right amount out of the dipstick hole, making sure the car is level and oil at the correct temperature. The different levels for the temperatures are marked on the dipstick.
A trip to your neighbours garage may be the easiest and safest.
Glad all the rest is back in order and holidays can continue in peace!

Hi all, I bought a long tube, got a spray bottle and pumped 1 litre out :)

Back to normal, 0 faults showing, running very well, and I couldn't be happier to have found this platform. You guys saved me a fortune, and the help and advice was greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bundle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom