CLK W208 1999 Obd II Merc Convertor‏

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

My320CLK

Car
CLK320 1999 Convt
Hi All,

Been looking/searching into this and think I know the answer but just want to check, I have a late 1999 CLK320 Conv that is face lifted, for my last motor 2001 Focus I bought a cheap CAN OBDII code reader which was really useful, saves £50 each time :mad:

This car thou doesn't have the socket under the drivers side dash, its 100% not there as the covers been off to change the brake light switch,

I know it has the round connector in the engine bay - I'm I right in thinking I need..... to read the basic engine codes with my obdII reader?

MERCEDES BENZ 38 to 16 Pin OBD OBD2 II 2 Adaptor Cable | eBay

Its for a sprinter I guess they are same for the cars.... I don't want to blow anything up,

Many Thanks

I've just bought one of these (not the same auction, but the same type of converter) for my 2000 CLK 320 and it works perfectly with my ODB2 connector.

For this to work with ODB2 I think your car needs to have the canbus in it - easiest way to tell if this is the case (and someone correct me if I'm talking rubbish) is if your car has the large central display in the instrument cluster which shows mpg etc. then you've got canbus and the cable will work.

My car also had the moulding there for the ODB2 connector, but none actually fitted. It's just behind the bonnet release handle.

Thanks Dinizula, yes it has the full display did yours come from ebay and would you happen to still have the link please? - I've heard not all have all the pins connected and this stops them working,

That's great thank you, I will order one and see how I get on,

I think vans use a 14 pin round socket, the cars a 38 pin round socket so make sure you get the right adapter

thanks for this thread its just helped me out too, now to find a reader and some laptop gadgetry! :)

haha nice! what do you use to read it John?

Rich, I've only just ordered that cable so not used it yet. As my car is a Kompressor with mods it will be great to keep an eye on the inlet air temp. My new toy is this; Autel Autolink AL319 OBD2 EOBD CAN Fault Code Reader

P.s shopping around I got it for €38.

nice fair enough, ive seen on the android app store some good apps for over bluetooth and the BT readers are like a tenner so might give one ago then can always invest in the more expensive one you have ordered :)

I bought a cheap 38 pin to 16 adapter from Ebay which wouldn't work with a Snap On scanner, when I opened it see if all was ok it only had 3 of the 38 pins connected! I've since put my hand in my pocket and bought a 2nd hand Snap On lead which works fine. Perhaps the cheap adapters work on some scanners but mine was a waste of money.

fair enough, cheers for mentioning :)

nice fair enough, ive seen on the android app store some good apps for over bluetooth and the BT readers are like a tenner so might give one ago then can always invest in the more expensive one you have ordered :)

Yep, I think that's the way to go, no cables which is great and the Torque app always seems to get very positive reviews. The only reason I didn't go down that route is simply I'd don't have a suitable phone and was too mean to spring for one, otherwise app all the way.

Last edited:
id never have an iphone as im 100% android but i get what you mean haha ;)

haha ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom