Clk w208 Door (broken bracket) loud Clunking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NICKYB

Car
230 clk conv
The bracket inside my drivers side door seemed to fall apart yeserday, there are now 3 very loud cluncks as the door opens and closes....

Its the drivers door of the clk w208 conv....there are 2 large hinges (top and bottom of the door) between these hinges sits what i can only describe as a door guide, this runs into the door.

Has anyone fixed this problem before?
Any ideas what the part is called that i need?
Is this a hard job?

Thanks
NICK

The bracket inside my drivers side door seemed to fall apart yeserday, there are now 3 very loud cluncks as the door opens and closes....

Its the drivers door of the clk w208 conv....there are 2 large hinges (top and bottom of the door) between these hinges sits what i can only describe as a door guide, this runs into the door.

Has anyone fixed this problem before?
Any ideas what the part is called that i need?
Is this a hard job?

Thanks
NICK

Checkstrap, cheap from MB, easy to replace.

The part in question:

http://cart.euromercmercedesparts.co.uk/index.php?p=product&id=1529&parent=0

Last edited:
Is this checkstrap the bar of metal that runs through the door or the bracket that sits inside the door?

thanks

I dont think theres anything wrong with the starp, it looks like a brass coloured bracket inside the door has shattered....is this the same thing?

The check straps seize and the ears snap off the mounting. That's the brass-coloured thing you can see

If you leave it like it is it's possible for the check strap to catch the window channel & bend it. So replace asap

Nick Froome

The check straps seize and the ears snap off the mounting. That's the brass-coloured thing you can see

If you leave it like it is it's possible for the check strap to catch the window channel & bend it. So replace asap

Nick Froome

This happened to me, also the check strap bent the door on breaking - I'd change it ASAP.

All sorted, a very easy fix!
Although door card is awkrawd the check starp slotted nicely in place.

Mine was also changed about 4 months ago. Cost around 90 including parts and labour.

Mine cost me about £35.00 for the part and an hour to fit....

I recently changed the checkstrap on the drivers door, simple once you know how. From what I can tell you really need to change it ASAP or it will hit the window channel guide as you close/open the door, once this happens it will bend it backwards causing your window mechanism to fail. The channel guide is attached via a bracket and spot welded to the inner door skin therefore making it very difficult to straighten.

Any one got the MB part no for this as mine has just gone?

Fitted the part today! Works a treat. Just a shame i now need to change the window mechanism! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom