clk w208 wiper and window mech!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NICKYB

Car
230 clk conv
hi all - 2 problems i need to resolve:
1) wiper
2) the window mech

1) if i try to change the wiper blade, lift the wiper and theres a loud clunk then i have to force it down while cringing as it sounds like its about to snap!

2) the drivers side window is not as smooth as it used to be, when puting the window up using the 1st setting on the switch it closes lovely, if i use the 2nd setting (one touch) its awfull even if i keep it pressed down it just sort of jerks up.....

Any ideas on how to sort these issues?

not sure about the wiper, but for the window you will need to remove the door card in order to access the mechanism.
Possible problem is the rivets that hold the mechanism to the door - if one or more is loose or broken, then that will cause jerkiness.
In any case you'll be able to lubricate the mechanism with the door card off.
There's a post on her explaining how to remove the door card - a big screw under the SRS badge, and another in the handle - unclip the plastic handle cover, which'll break every one of your fingernails.

1. Did you try WD40 or other lubricant for this?

2. I got the same problem and looks like it could be a switch itself. It works fine going down and all the way up but when use 2nd option it jerks like yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom