comand installs in the UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there

I already have an MP3 player (Neo 35 with 120GB disk). This will probably fit in the glove box, but I'm worried about the disk noise.

A trunk mount may be better, but where do I put the remote control head unit if I fit a double DIN command.

Problems problems problems.....

Thanks for your help, I will try and get a price to a self fit command system.

Craig

Originally posted by craigyb
I already have an MP3 player (Neo 35 with 120GB disk). This will probably fit in the glove box, but I'm worried about the disk noise.

A trunk mount may be better, but where do I put the remote control head unit if I fit a double DIN command.
Is the control unit a full DIN size? I'm planning a little pc for mp3/dvd use and I was going to use a matrix orbital display/control unit, would look something like this if mounted in the ashtray.

Attachments

• mp3display.jpg
    mp3display.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 442
I don't think I want to cut the ashtray cover to mount it, maybe too expensive in the future to put right.
In that pic the display is hidden inside the ashtray, see the ashtray door is open? When you're done with the mp3 control panel you can close the ashtray and it's invisible :)

Ahh, didn't realise the door was open, that answers the question then, so it may be a command 2.0 and mp3 player in the boot.

Remote controller in the ashtray.

What's the best way of contacting Steve in Holland to get a price.

And thanks for all your help so far.. I think there's possibly more to come....

Craig

Ahh, didn't realise the door was open, that answers the question then, so it may be a command 2.0 and mp3 player in the boot.

Remote controller in the ashtray.

What's the best way of contacting Steve in Holland to get a price.

And thanks for all your help so far.. I think there's possibly more to come....

Craig

mail: [email protected]

Originally posted by Flyer

Steve_bcs on this forum has done this to his E (which is for sale)and M-class and it does look very tasty.

If you need a demo, as Shude says, one (or both!) of us could meet up with you. Possibly even get Steve_bcs :)

No probs with a demo - just let me know

OK, I've taken the plunge and ordered the full COmmand 2.0 system from Steve with the AUX in and TV options (inc TV in motion).

1580 euros for the lot and I fit it myself.

Just one question, do I have to buy my own CD for navigation and which is the best one. UK (maybe Europe) maps only please.

Craig

There is only the one choice for Comand Nav CD's and this is TeleAtlas. There is a major roads of Europe CD but the best for you is going to be GB & Northern Ireland. Just try to get the newest version that you can (I believe the newest is currently 2003/2004)

Only other option is the special edition Michelin versions which have a little more local info on them.

Check out www.navshop.com for more details

Cheers

Guy

Originally posted by Gizmo750
Only other option is the special edition Michelin versions which have a little more local info on them.

Check out www.navshop.com for more details
The UK disc is available by itself, or for a little more is combined with the Major Roads of Western Europe disc or the Michelin restaurant/tourist guide :) . I checked a few minutes ago :) .

Shude,

The combined UK and Europe CD must have been launched in the last couple of weeks then! About time too.

I am currently trying to get the latest CD (wife works with a partner to TeleAtlas) - we wait and see.

Anyone know if the Michelin version is actually worth having?

Guy

Originally posted by Gizmo750
Anyone know if the Michelin version is actually worth having?
The person to ask is Guy (with the c32).

PHEW! Thought for a minute you were suggesting I talk to myself :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Will drop him a PM later.

Cheers

Guy (without the C32)

Edit: Such a worthwhile effort for my 100th post don't you think :rolleyes:

OK

Got my command and disk, looks a bit daunting,....

Anyone fancy popping along to Sale to give me a little advice over the wekend?

Craig

Cant do this weekend - sorry,

If you can make it to the northern gtg next saturday I will be there along with shude & flyer - if you've got all the bits we could may be help you installl it on the day - with an audience no doubt to boot !!:D

If I can't get it installed this weekend I will bring it to the GTG. I thought the GTG was on Sunday?

I'll bring my digicam and video as well for footage.

I'll check the date again.

Craig

OK, I'm 98% of the way there, just trying to find the speed wire.

According to the note Steve sent with the command, it should be on the passenger side of my 208, but where?

I have the glove box out currently because the GPS is very bad at picking up satelites.

Where exactly will I find this 8 pin blue connector with gree/black cable.

So far then, only 3-4 sats picked up, and no speed control wire. Other than that all ok. So GPS is pretty useless.

Craig

Command install in C32

Sorry to interupt the thread but can anyone tell me if there is any detailed information on the forum for command installation into the W203 / C32.

I already have the Audio 30 APS installed so I am hoping that a lot of the hard work has already been done in terms of the wiring.

Thanks in advance

Jezza

I thought the GTG was on Sunday?

Craig

Northern GTG Confirmed

The confirmed date is 25 October 2003

Timings, from 11o'clock till 5 o'clock

Venue as per the previous thread

Hope you can make it!

OK, I'm 98% of the way there, just trying to find the speed wire.

According to the note Steve sent with the command, it should be on the passenger side of my 208, but where?

I have the glove box out currently because the GPS is very bad at picking up satelites.

Where exactly will I find this 8 pin blue connector with gree/black cable.

So far then, only 3-4 sats picked up, and no speed control wire. Other than that all ok. So GPS is pretty useless.

Craig

The Speed wire accordingto Steve K is in the passenger side sill near the A pillar -

You should get 7-8 satelites - .

Make sure the antenna has a clear line of sight thru the windscreen. It can see thru plastic ie the dash bit not thru metal.

You could try mounting the GPS antenna under the rear parcel shelf.

Good Luck. Once you've cracked the install you will be impressed with comand.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom