Considering buying a 190 to replace Focus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As for dealer rates - as the car is over 8 years old you get a 40% discount on labout and 10-15% discount on parts.

Just for reference ... no more ....

And if you happen to live near Basingstoke ......

Originally posted by scotth_uk
Goes like the clappers.

Is that the official technical term Scott??
silly.gif
No matter how many times I hear that phrase it still raises a smile
grin.gif

You can just imagine official promotional literature can't you...

Obligatory silver AMG SL55, woman in a provocative pose, and the caption underneath... 'Goes like the clappers.'

laugh.gif

S.

2.6 it is I think. Sold by the "goes like the clappers" marketing strategy here on the board!!

I'm going to keep an eye out on Autotrader and the local second hand merchants and see what turns up. Like I say I have until Christams before I can get out of the finance on the Focus so I have time to shop around and find the right car!

Are the manual boxes in 190s any better or worse than current ones or those of 10 years ago?? I used to have a C180 manual and thought the box notchy at best. Have been spoiled with auto's for the last 8 years!!

I have just traded in my 190E 2.0ltr straight four for a 260E. I did this not because there was anything wrong with it, just because I had an offer I just could not turn down. My 190 had travelled many miles without any serious problems apart from the engine melting a piston 7 days after getting it. Would I have another, well yes I would, but I doubt if I would go for a manual. Whatever you buy you only get what you pay for. I have to say that having seen MBZ6's Brabus 190E I would be tempted to go back to them. Such a nice car. Good luck on your search though choose carefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom