Considering W204 C63: Standard, PPP, or 507?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't understand the owning a car to keep it nice for the next owner. It's a car, use it as it was intended. Yes it may go up in value if not used, but where is the fun in that?

Im contemplating putting my c63 PPP up for sale at the end of the month it will have a fresh mot ,just serviced and 4 brand new tyre's fitted (conty contact sport 6)

I understand where you're coming from, as I have a similar mindset myself! My 2 pence on your pointers:

1. Potential for appreciation: 507 hands down. Bare in mind, although the BS is technically superior, many people prefer the 507 as it doesn't look as chauvinistic and arguably 'tacky'. But the bonnet scoops and side striping make the 507 look just right :) especially with those beautiful black forged alloys.

2. Value for money: I'd say probably the regular C63, as you can get the power to 520+ relatively inexpensively.

Conclusion: If the car is going to be a weekend toy that will get driven occasionally when you feel like it (and rarity makes you feel special) then get a 507. Naturally the less you drive it and the more you look after it will only benefit the resale value. If you plan to modify the car and use it frequently (and resale value isn't a priority) get a regular C63 👍

My example, I've owned a few C63s (including a 507) and my plan is to buy a mint low mileage example of the 507 which I can baby! On the other hand, I'm on the lookout for an E9X M3 manual which will get driven more frequently and perhaps even modified.

If your used to a c63 you will hate the e9x M3 I did if you drive balls out everywhere then its not a bad car but below 5k rpm its slow

This was mine
20200728-113516.jpg
[/url]

I had an E46 which I loved, not the fastest car in the world but sounded and drove fantastic! Just thought I'd try out the E9X, but it can't replace the 507's space in the garage lol ;)

Lovely M3 by the way Spider, was it a manual or DCT?

After driving both i went for the dct can't fault the box at all,manual was abit nochy it was 1 of only 20 made in that spec apparently 😳 I had the standard c63 before hand with the lsd.
So I bought the ppp this time and had a quafe fitted which I can't fault in any way
BS is way out of my budget 😒

Nice! I prefer the 507 looks mate over the BS. I was actually considering a black one that was up for about £95k awhile ago, but then when I saw it in person I thought 'Can I really see myself driving that?' :/ It's a bit much lol! Perhaps a 507 next? ;)

I can't justify the price tag tbh ive got 3 cars on my list but I'm unsure it's got to be 1 hell of a car to top the 63
This is my list R8 v10
F type v8
Or PORSCHE 911 997 c4s
All are good at what they do

Ohhh a nice selection there! I'd go try them out mate, if you roll up in a C63 most traders will feel comfortable letting you test drive the machines :) However saying that, I think I'd keep the C63! It's probably the most characterful 😎

I tend to agree with you on that plus i already own it and know the complete history of it. I could sell it and buy a complete lemon if you know what I mean 😏 I tend to change my mind every time I get in it 😁

I understand where you're coming from, as I have a similar mindset myself! My 2 pence on your pointers:

1. Potential for appreciation: 507 hands down. Bare in mind, although the BS is technically superior, many people prefer the 507 as it doesn't look as chauvinistic and arguably 'tacky'. But the bonnet scoops and side striping make the 507 look just right :) especially with those beautiful black forged alloys.

2. Value for money: I'd say probably the regular C63, as you can get the power to 520+ relatively inexpensively.

Conclusion: If the car is going to be a weekend toy that will get driven occasionally when you feel like it (and rarity makes you feel special) then get a 507. Naturally the less you drive it and the more you look after it will only benefit the resale value. If you plan to modify the car and use it frequently (and resale value isn't a priority) get a regular C63 👍

My example, I've owned a few C63s (including a 507) and my plan is to buy a mint low mileage example of the 507 which I can baby! On the other hand, I'm on the lookout for an E9X M3 manual which will get driven more frequently and perhaps even modified.

Thank for for your opinion, you seem to indeed have the same mindset that I do :) I'm leaning more and more towards the 507 purely because of the exclusivity and potential for better residuals/appreciation. If I was looking to drive it often then the 507 is a bad choice as it's not good value for money, but for a long term keeper it's standing out as the better option.

Regardless, I need to sell my E46 M3 first, which I absolutely adore , and I'll only be letting it go for the price it deserves as I have put a lot of work into it and for it's price point I don't think there are many others in it's condition. So it will take a while! If it was a low miler then I'd never get rid of it as prices are looking healthy for those now, but because of it's mileage the real gains won't be possible.

For what it's worth, my first test drive in a 507 I was actually a bit disappointed. The car sounds excellent, and is ferociously fast, refined, and well built compared to my E46. But in terms of connection with the road, and a true analog feel at all speeds, the M3 wins hands down.. the C63 felt more grown up in comparison. I just love the E46 it's an all time great. The engine doesn't have much raw power, but the induction noise and the way it delivers it up to 8k rpm is just intoxicating. SMG downshifts and hearing that induction bark from the ITB's.. What I couldn't get my head past was that the C63 becomes a C63 only when you put your foot down. When the engine is being worked hard, it's fantastic. Otherwise it's just a C-Class. The E46 M3, is always an E46 M3, and that's what I'm going to really miss about it, and how it always gave me an event whenever I took it out.

Times are changing, and people will miss these types of cars, as some of this magic is being lost on new cars, speed isn't everything. I'm just glad to have had the pleasure of owning this legendary car for 3 years :) and it's now time to move on! The juggernaut of an engine on the W204 is what attracts me.

20210811_114136-min.jpg

What I couldn't get my head past was that the C63 becomes a C63 only when you put your foot down. When the engine is being worked hard, it's fantastic. Otherwise it's just a C-Class. The E46 M3, is always an E46 M3, and that's what I'm going to really miss about it, and how it always gave me an event whenever I took it out.

I agree about the M3, I had one myself for 3 years back in 2006, never felt comfortable at low speed (I had the manual) but the noise it made and the surgical nature of its handling was a real winner. What I don't agree with though is your description of the 63 - 'Its just a C-class', if you think that then you must be on another planet!

I have a W205 C63S - the whole car from start-up to shutdown and everything in between is pure theatre, I cannot imagine the W204 being any different. Sure mine 'only has the 4.0TT' (an absolute peach of an engine regardless of what the 6.2 boys might tell you) but the car overall feels nothing like a regular C-class and a very special place to be indeed. The handling, the noise, the comments from people on the street, filling stations, people filming you on motorways etc - i'm pretty sure none of that happens to a regular C-class :)

I think the OP needs to keep the M3 and not get a 63 if that's his opinion ive not had the e46 so can't comment but ive had the e36 M3 in techno violet and also the e93 V8 imo there is no comparison I missed the e46 because of the noise to me they sound like a tinny hair dryer but everyone is different 🙂

Buy any model, drive it well, enjoy the last of the 6.2L V8, supercharged it if funds allow.

Appreciation in value is not going to happen with either of the 3 models.
The TOTAL cost of maintanence, repairs and annual road tax over the years will cost more in the end, no matter how much it goes up by value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom