Continental Touring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL300-24

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
1984 500SL, 2007 E320 CDI Sport Estate, 1995 SL320 R129
I thought that some of you chaps might appreciate this, grab a cuppa and have a read.

Warning contains Motorbikes.........

SS100

I've seen this and think its absolutely fantastic. - Now THAT's a road trip.

Brought back so many memories. I remember being in the sidecar on a run up to Scotland in the late fifties, with my old man singing his head off.

Quick stop for a fag, and we were off again - brilliant.

My mother also had a D1 Bantam

And last of all, I had a 1959 Triumph Thunderbird - 612 BAC Rode it everywhere. Pushed it home just as many times.

For me, those old bikes are so evocative of my youth.

Weird. This is the website of a friend of mine; he posted this up a few weeks ago and only told a few freinds about the web page being up.

He emailed me this morning to complain that the page has gone viral and his internet provider is none too chuffed. This page is getting half a million hits a day!

Thanks for sharing, rather nostalgic, my father used to ride sprung hub Triumph in his duties as a Police motorcyclist. My first bike was an Ariel Arrow a decade after this adventure.

If you look in the reflection of the Broughs tank you will see my V Twin. My father also rode this one when he was in his 70's. When I first bought it (a Ducati 888SP4) it had a speedo in kilometers and I rode it round to show Dad my new bike and he wanted a ride and I told him it had a K calibrated speedo, but it started pouring with rain so it was a few days later before he had a go and by then I had put an MPH speedo on it. I forget to mention this as he was off on it as soon as I arrived. When he came back I was surprised to hear from him that whilst it was quick - "it took longer than expected to reach a ton". A short chat and the mystery was solved. He had taken it to an indicated 160 still thinking that it was a kilometers speedo and 160kph would be 100mph. So my 70+ year old father had just done 160mph on the Alton bypass! Mum was not amused, though dad clearly was and had a cigar and a beer to celebrate... My dad carried on riding bikes until he was 87 and then decided he was getting a bit old for bikes and bought himself a sports car.
Top man..

Cheers,

Gaz

Weird. This is the website of a friend of mine; he posted this up a few weeks ago and only told a few freinds about the web page being up.

He emailed me this morning to complain that the page has gone viral and his internet provider is none too chuffed. This page is getting half a million hits a day!

Must be some advertising revenue to be had on the site somewhere then :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom