Corned is a happy bunny

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

corned

MB Enthusiast
Car
car
I received my renewal notification from LV on 25 March, whereby the quote had gone up by approx £35 - 40 from last year. I always seem to hover around the £300 mark for fully comp with business use on the E320CDI.

This time I was looking at £336. I thought I'd wait. I shopped around but no one was close. Even the CSMA/LV website quoted the same amount to the penny. I thought I'd wait some more.

This morning I went back onto the website (renewal date middle of next week) and ran through the process again. This time the quote came back at £291. I checked and re-checked that everything was mentioned - it was.

So I have renewed on the spot.

Happy chap alert! :bannana:

Good news,
Did you actually renew your policy on-line, or did you set up a new policy ?
If it is a new policy, check that the insurer is not also going to automatically renew the old one as well.
Still glad that you have saved a few shillings.

Ha ha! Indian takeaway here I come!

My policy would have automatically renewed, so I phoned them to stop that happening. As it happens, the renewal had already taken place, i.e. The payment had just gone off my card and the policy docs in the post. However it was no problem to cancel and refund, particularly as I'm not actally leaving them.

Yes it's only 40 quid, but better in my pocket than anyone else's.

I'm still intrigued as to why four weeks makes a significant difference to the premium calculation. I wonder if March still has a factor for the winter claims - burst pipes, weather-related car accidents - but in April the worst of that is regarded as being behind us?

I'm still intrigued as to why four weeks makes a significant difference to the premium calculation. I wonder if March still has a factor for the winter claims - burst pipes, weather-related car accidents - but in April the worst of that is regarded as being behind us?
Behind us but also presumably in front of us if you've gone for 12 months of insurance?!

I was insured with e-sure on my E320Cdi and with the change of wheels and Brabus box I decided to ring round and go on the usual compare the prices web sites..

I'm now paying less than I was for the standard car with e-sure through Adrian flux for my car with different Alloys / tyres and the Brabus box fitted.

Additional to that I also get 90 day Full top up with the european cover which previous companies have changed £50 to add !!

So A210 also a happy bunny :)

Happy days

Insurance premiums are funny things, depending on day of renewal and quote they will differ. For example if you renewal is in december then your premium spans two winter periods so will be higher, but if its a quote got in the summer, it spans one winter and as more accidents happen in winter, the 1st premium could well be higher.

Corned,
Thankfully it was no problem for you, but some people could have incurred bank charges and been without any money for a couple of days until the refund was done.

Regarding renewal premiums :- What can happen is that an insurer will have reduced rates one year in order to attract a specific group (postcode/gender/age/car type Etc.).
The following year they may need to spread their risk exposure so will price their quotes accordingly for the renewals. If you contact your insurer/broker a couple of weeks after getting your renewal, but before the renewal date, you may find that they already have lost sufficient customers in your group that they can reduce your premium in order to retain your custom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom