Delivery Charge on New C Class W204 - Please explain.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What's the delivery charge :devil:

Every cloud would seem to have a Palladium Silver Lineing.:rolleyes:

Contacted previous dealers and got new quotes with Comand.

Guess what one said

"Has no one told you Comand under certain circumstances is on a subsidised rate of £500 on the C Class, we can get this for you?"

This means you get Comand Online with built in media interface and Speedlimit assist for £50 more than Audio 20 with the £450 media interface upgrade which includes a 6 CD system. So my ipod can be easily integrated. A bit of a no brainer.

Anyway, ordered vehicle looks like delivery for September still possible but will know more tomorrow. Saving 12% on the quoted on the road price and it comes in £993 less than the price the other dealer quoted me on the road and with COMAND :bannana::bannana:

Have paid £1K deposit order being placed on system in morning lets just hope this one goes through OK. I will post another 4 x:bannana: if by end of tomorrow I hear that all seems well.

PS - "on the road charges" are £645 as stated on internet site and brochure.

excellent news -- just goes to show, principles pay off :)

That's great news! They are doing a similar deal on Comand on the E coupe, although a little more expensive at £785.

Happy for you :), keep us posted

Hopefully the factory will accept the order and confirm the COMAND availability :)

Fingers crossed ;)

Yes I have taken it off my private plate. This cost £105 and includes the £80 allocation fee and £25 retention. So it would have cost the dealer nothing to put it onto the vehicle. I have paid for this bit.

So new dealer can put on the a standard number plate or I can give them the certificate. So in theory I should not have to pay more.

Ah OK, thought that might be where the additional cost crept in. MB did mine for me, although I obviously had to pay for it.

Good job in getting the deal you wanted :thumb: That is a brilliant discount on a C class.

:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

Received email from dealer. Vehicle ordered and it is expected to be with them on 22nd August for delivery first week of September.

Will receive weekly updates.

Looked at factory collection but with work commitments etc first time I could have got the thing is in early October :( so sadly will be unable to do it this time. But very happy car should be on the way. :)

:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

Received email from dealer. Vehicle ordered and it is expected to be with them on 22nd August for delivery first week of September.

Will receive weekly updates.

Looked at factory collection but with work commitments etc first time I could have got the thing is in early October :( so sadly will be unable to do it this time. But very happy car should be on the way. :)

Good for you mate!

Whilst I agree being pragmatic etc is the often touted 'wise approach'; I think we would all do well to follow our instincts every now and then...

do keep us updated!

Well done, make sure you go back to the dealership that lost your custom and mess about asking about some small upgrade or something.

Y'know - rub it in a bit!

Well, done on sticking to principle, I know allot of people would have rolled over and had their tummy tickled for £113 - but you are 100% right. Dealers should not be allowed to get away with "making up" prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom