Did the CLK today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leabrooks

Car
CLK 270 CDI
Ok had the CLK 3 weeks and its done nothing but rain. Dry day today so decided to clean her (after first fixing the ashtray lid and the passenger door speaker grill). Washed, clayed, polished and wax and wow....as new (bar a few stone chips on the leading edge of the bonnet). OK i'm not going to tackle the stone chips until the weather warms up (obviously) but the car looks amazing. I've never used clay before and couldn't believe how much engrained debris it pulled off the paintwork!. Autoglym SRP sorted most of the small scratches and the top wax of Mer added the deep shine. Pulled up at my local CO-OP earlier for a bottle of wine and a Golf actually stopped in the middle of the road and jaw dropped at the CLK....says it all!!

How easy was the fix on speaker grill mate.

Not as easy i first thought mate. The speaker grill and the door trim panel is tightly held in place by the usual pop in clips and are a right pig to release. Also the speaker grill is designed with a 'hook' on the rear (opening) side of the door which has to be wriggled into position before it can be positioned to align the stand off clips before being pushed into its retainers. An easy job that isn't so easy as it first sounds, so you will swear a few times if you do it.

I was referring the :ban: to you for posting a detailing thread without pictures! :D

Look forward to seeing it next time.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I want photos!!! Which clay kit did you use? I need to buy one for my CLK

I was referring the :ban: to you for posting a detailing thread without pictures! :D

Look forward to seeing it next time.

Oh, i thought you was taking the pi.. ok, next time I'l do some pics, gave it a good wash today (looked great) so I took it a spin out in the sunshine today but ended up in slow traffic with a black Enzo behind me on the A6 near Matlock, life sucks sometimes! Lol

Hi,

I am looking for a front bumper centre mesh grille (AMG) for my CLK200 (A2098850053).

I drove into a steep driveway which bent the bumper from underneath and cracked the grill.

Also - will I need to buy clips for it separately?

Thanks for your help in advance!

U

Reminds me that I need my grille done.

Also, all the CLK threads today don't seem to include any pictures... Come on...:wallbash:

Pulled up at my local CO-OP earlier for a bottle of wine...

Now that's how to finish off a hard day's detailing! :D

Post up some pics when you have a chance, love the CLKs.

Edit, just realised this thread was revived from 2 months ago. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom