DIY iCE Install

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sanj

Car
BMW M4 Competition pack & C205 250D AMG line
Hi guys ,

Im looking to upgrade the sound system in my C class 240 benz

for the fronts I already have from my previous car a set of jbl's 6.5 inch 2 way coaxials .

Im gonna buy some autolead speaker adapters to connect my jbl's in the front.

what can I put in the rear shelf for bass fill ???
I dont know what size the speakers are ....im guessing 6.5 inch but im not sure , Im not even sure 6.5inch speakers would do the trick !

what can I also put in the rear doors ....are these 5.25 or something ??? I think I need to take off the whole door panel to replace these babys ....sounds like too much hard work!

Ideally I would like an amp and sub but I dont want to start cutting holes where I shouldnt ..so for now I just want it to sound good at high levels with enough bass fill

Any suggestions guys ???

Speakers 6.5 all around.

Run your fronts and a sub and forget rear doors and shelf.

If you are interested Greg, I ordered some Kenwood KFC-P724EC 6.5 inch 2-Way's (C-class specific custom fit package) last week and will have in for the GTG.

KFC-P724EC.jpg

Like Sanj said, any 6.5" spkrs should fit, but you need adapters.

The Pioneers like Koolvins are discontinued.

Originally posted by GrahamC230K

The Pioneers like Koolvins are discontinued.

eXclusive.

um... "classic & rare" ?

(Thats how I described my previous car to the dealer when they offered me a pathetic part-ex figure, on the basis that it was no longer going to be made in the new body-style)

nah... definitely OLD ;)

Cheers Graham, I'll take a listen to yours then... none of this S club or liberty X crap that my daughter listens to I hope

:p :bannana:

Originally posted by Wheelie
Cheers Graham, I'll take a listen to yours then... none of this S club or liberty X crap that my daughter listens to I hope

:p :bannana:

No problem. I wonder if Maff minds us having a Sound Off?? LOL

Got a fair mix of all sorts in the car, I listen to anything although with the addition of my amp and sub woofer, there are a fair few "boom boom" tracks on the MP3 CD at the moment!

Bring whatever you want to hear with you though..........

50 cents in the club:rock:

Challanging me for a sound quality sound off then Graham ? your NEW against my OLD ?

Originally posted by Koolvin
Challanging me for a sound quality sound off then Graham ? your NEW against my OLD ?

Ha ha.

I'm very very happy with my sounds and I don't even have the kenwood fronts yet, but.......

Me thinks your 2" bigger sub, larger amp, amped front speakers and a shop load of dynamat might just give you the advantage!

I think the Kenwood fronts are slightly larger than the Pioneers though, so we could switch the subs off and compare fronts if you want.....

We have ICE T8 before the GTG though............proper place to be checking out our systems................

Thanks very much for the info guys !

Just in case anyone wants to know ....Autoleads do good speaker adapters , for a w202 u need model number sak 2001 and sak 2002.

Graham, i had a set of those kenwoods in the front on mine, and they sounded great, sis bought over some kicker components from NY, so i changed them over, but otherwise they were a really clear loud sound!

Originally posted by Alps
Graham, i had a set of those kenwoods in the front on mine, and they sounded great, sis bought over some kicker components from NY, so i changed them over, but otherwise they were a really clear loud sound!

Cooooooooooooool!

I chased my order yesterday, so I'm hoping by the end of this week they will be mine (should have had this weekend).

Get my speakers tommorrow morning, having cancelled order from the slackers local to my work and gone to Oxford Car Audio where I should have 1st off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom