• I wash my own car

Votes: 384 82.2%
  • Some one else cleans my car

Votes: 83 17.8%

• Total voters

Deane x

Car
C350e S205 2016
After reading a thread today I thought it would be nice to see who cleans there own car and how and who does not and how ....I go to a hand wash /valetting and have a mini valet for £15 and I am all ways happy with job ..how about you guys

Dieselman

Banned
Car
Peugeot 403 Convertible
Sometimes I do it, sometimes a car sales pitch, sometimes I have Jeeves do it.

automaniaman

MB Enthusiast
Car
Yes one of those
I bought my car to enjoy the driving experience, not the ball ache of cleaning it...today the rains doing the job. :thumb:

RWDpetrol

Car
N/A
I wash my car and did it this morning even though I knew it was going to rain. People are surprised by that but I see it like taking a shower - objective is to remove the dirt. I wash the car every two weeks and it also serves as exercise since I'm not a member of any gym.

(I never wash my wife's car, that's £10 in/out).

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
I used to when I was younger, and I would have loved to keep doing this, unfortunately living in a flat in Central London this is not really an option for me anymore.

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
I bought my car to enjoy the driving experience, not the ball ache of cleaning it...today the rains doing the job. :thumb:

This may sound odd, but I lead a very busy (and often stressful) life, and I actually find washing my car a relaxing and rewarding pastime.

But hey, some people relax by watching re-runs of TG on Dave, so go figure... :D

Last edited:

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
I never, ever, ever, EVER let anyone wash my car :devil:.

And I never ever swear at women, until the day I'd spent a few hours preparing for a GTG, including some serious drying - water mark free and gleaming.

I approached a large traffic light controlled intersection, where some Eastern European ladies were squirting water onto windscreens from Fairy bottles, before wiping them with a squeegee sponge and holding out a paper cup for your appreciation,

One got closer, implements in hand - I waved a "no no" finger - she got closer - I tooted the horn and shook my head - she got closer, water bottle ready to ejaculate...

What was I to do :dk:.

At the last minute, civility gave way to protectionism - I lowered the window and loudly shouted "FARCK OFFFFFF".

She snarled and moved on - but it was close, I can tell you :devil:.

Mrhanky

MB Enthusiast
Car
Superb 3.6 4x4 & W221 S500
Love the idea of paying for mine to be cleaned but the ones I can afford on a regular basis all come with scratches free of charge.

So until I can afford a proper detailing firm to do my regular wash it's down to me.

Minz

Car
S204 C220 AMG Sport Plus Estate
I like to wash my own car.

If I wanted the results of the local Polish car wash, I'd invest in some Brillopads and a bucket of fine grit sand.

Interestingly as markjay says, I also find it relaxing and rewarding to see the end results.

C36fan

MB Enthusiast
Car
‘15 C63, ‘15 CLS63, ‘01 E55, 01 ML55 ‘16 Vito 119CDI
The rain washed it for me today!:D

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

mannikon

Car
W211 E320CDI AG
maintenance contract with a professional valet/detailer, £25 a month

Dansenior

Car
C220 CDi w203
I wash mine twice a week, without fail and detail it at least once a month. I wont go into the process i go to lol i will bore you all.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
I wash mine twice a week, without fail and detail it at least once a month. I wont go into the process i go to lol i will bore you all.

You won't - let's hear it Dan...

C36fan

MB Enthusiast
Car
‘15 C63, ‘15 CLS63, ‘01 E55, 01 ML55 ‘16 Vito 119CDI
Dansenior said:
normally I find people like that doing it to reduce the weight of the car by wearing the paint so the car goes faster!:D Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Druk

Gone but not forgotten - RIP
Car
2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
Sponge Bob does it for me. £5 including wheels and scratches.

I don't care. Wax is something swmbo uses on the sideboard.

stumpy1

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various Mercs and non Mercs
Some I do and some I don't. I had a Gemclean detail and protection jobbie on the Phantom a year ago and it makes it a doddle to clean even now. My new Morgan, Pug and TVR will be going in soon for the same treatment. No way will the illegals be washing all that expensive polish off.

johns E350

Car
E class 350 coupe
I clean my car two or three times a week the alloys get cleaned after every drive I would let no one else clean it or drive it and it gives me a buzz when cleaned it is sad but true OCD I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom