Do you wash your own car or not

Do you wash your own car or not

• I wash my own car

Votes: 444 82.7%
  • Some one else cleans my car

Votes: 93 17.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wash each one at least once a week. Wheels more often depending on use. Like many others I find it very therapeutic. The Italians think I am crazy. I have never seen the locals hand wash a car. They will however use a jet wash or automatic car wash. There are loads close to us all with multiple bays. Always busy.
Even finding shampoo or polish is hard work. The distributor for Autoglym is about 20 minutes away from us but they won't sell it! I end up bringing it with me from the UK

I wash our car's each week & vac, its good exercise and I enjoy it.
I am not supporting the ----- and the ----- trade and having patio cleaner sprayed on my wheels!

Made one mistake and took the car for the first and last time to a Polish car wash a couple of weeks ago to get rid of a film of tree sap on the roof. Worst mistake I could have made as it turned out.

The jetwash took an inch square section of lacquer straight off the A pillar. I assume I can use the touch up lacquer stick to repair this. I'll handwash it myself , as before, in future.

Off at a tangent, what a rubbish camera on my HTC One Mini - look how the upstairs windows have disappeared

Behave!

You can put the bricks and whitewash away, John - window tax was abolished years ago. :D

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but that's what your offspring are for, (if they want any pocket money!)

DIY except sometimes in winter - salty roads or lots of mud means a trip to a jet wash.

i wash my car regularly,- shampoo - polish & wax it - clean and polish leather interior and hoover foot wells - clean and polish alloys clean soft top at least once a week, being retired i have plenty of time , love to see it shinning

Always wash the car myself, wouldn't trust the car wash guys , how do you know how many times they've dropped the sponge and used it again with grit in it!

Forgot to add , I never use a sponge, use a mitt type one plus a grit guard in the bucket- wife thinks I've got OCD!

I have never had anyone else wash my car or van. They're both my pride & joy. It's not a matter of not trusting anyone. It's the fact I actually enjoy it. It's therapeutic for me.

I alternate the two. Van one weekend, car the next.

It's also good for my business in the building trade. I HATE seeing builders with filthy vans. Newspapers & mcDonalds bags on the dash. OMG what a poor image.

Ant.

I have never had anyone else wash my car or van. They're both my pride & joy. It's not a matter of not trusting anyone. It's the fact I actually enjoy it. It's therapeutic for me.

I alternate the two. Van one weekend, car the next.

It's also good for my business in the building trade. I HATE seeing builders with filthy vans. Newspapers & mcDonalds bags on the dash. OMG what a poor image.

Ant.
Your not a real builder with out mcD bags It's a must :thumb:

Your not a real builder with out mcD bags It's a must :thumb:

I've always knew I was a fake!

Neither do I swear, pick my nose, rip people off or not turn up.

A builder with OCD. If I open a packet of crisps upside down I have to throw the bag AND its contents in the bin!

Is there a doctor in the house??? :wallbash:

Ant.

Always wash the car myself, wouldn't trust the car wash guys , how do you know how many times they've dropped the sponge and used it again with grit in it!

Arrrrrrrrhhhhhh :ban:

I feel your pain

Ant

I've always knew I was a fake!

Neither do I swear, pick my nose, rip people off or not turn up.

A builder with OCD. If I open a packet of crisps upside down I have to throw the bag AND its contents in the bin!

Is there a doctor in the house??? :wallbash:

Ant.
Lol don't I have to put the light on in the car just to make sure I open the crisps the right way up .....as long as you eat bacon baps your alright

Spooky, not seen this thread before, and as I responded to the poll my valeter sent me a text message to confirm he'll be here in the morning!

His other customers probably refer to him as a detailer but I resist the temptation. I have an annual contract, with big quarterly sessions (all day) and maintenance valet/wash (~3 hours) minimum twice per month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom