Dodgy email spam, but initially convincing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
Got an email purportedly coming from a company called Viktorsteel.

"Dear Mr Full, correct name used,

We are now processsing (sic) your order (nine digit number here) , please find your order details below:

Your order has been placed and In Stock items will be sent to the address shown below. Please check all the details of the order to ensure they are correct as we will be unable to make changes once the order has been processed. You will have been notified at the point of order if an item is out of stock already with expected delivery date.

Invoice Address
Correct address and postcode used

Delivery Address
Correct address and postcode used

(There is a link here marked:)

"Your Order Information"

Delivery
Orders sent via our Standard Delivery Service should usually arrive within 3-4 days of your order being placed. We will use the most appropriate method of despatch depending on the weight and value of your order, this may include a courier service which would require a signature on delivery.

If you chose Express Delivery, your order will be delivered in the time frame you selected.

Order Tracking
Once your order has left our warehouse we will email you to confirm that the items have been shipped and include tracking details of the parcel so that you may track delivery progress directly with our courier company.

Payment
Your credit card will be charged upon order despatch. Credit cards are charged under the name of Shop via BVG Airflo.

Queries
If you wish to contact us about any aspect of your order you can email us

Product Returns
All items purchased are covered by our customer friendly returns policy. Please visit the Shop returns policy for full details.

Thank you for placing your order with us. We really appreciate your custom and will do everything within our power to ensure you get the very best of service.

The Shop Team."

Never placed any orders with this company and certainly won't click the link.

Anyone else had anything similar?

That looks very convincing. I'd have a long hard look at the link to see where it goes...

There seems to be a lot of these types of emails
I have had a few myself from the likes of Amazon
And PayPal saying that I had bought certain items
they usually say if you have not bought them click
The link at the bottom of the page this Is just a scam
So they can get your details

Hi,
As above, ^ I seem to get a lot of emails from Amazon, with stuff I have supposedly ordered and also sold to others ( I only sell on Fleabay )and "Please click here" oh yeah !!
I seem only to have gotton these since I signed up to Prime though.
Of course everything just gets deleted.

Steve

I've had 3 people this week emailing me that they had paid me circa $350k via paypal :D

At this rate I'll be buying the EU

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom