• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Dog Owners

I don't lose any sleep over my dogs peeing; come the next shower of rain, it's gone...

It kills grass though. A couple of our bitches like to stop for a pee in our garden on the way back from a walk :wallbash: which causes dead patches on the lawn.

Reactions: m80
Its over a year since we lost our lovely pup and we still come across poo bags. Up at the static recently we found a toy in a rucksack we used when we walked her on the beach
It's a bit of a choker when that happens. We lost our old guy just before Christmas and I've only just weaned myself off the habit of leaving the last corner of the toast for him.

Our road is popular with dog walkers as people from the village pass our house on their way to the local beauty spot.

We have a steady stream of people walking their dogs past our house - often off lead as it's an extremely quiet single track lane. There are no pavements or verges, and there's one person who leaves huge turds (must be a *big* dog) in the middle of the road, although to be fair this is further down the lane.

We have a steady stream of people walking their dogs past our house - often off lead as it's an extremely quiet single track lane. There are no pavements or verges, and there's one person who leaves huge turds (must be a *big* dog) in the middle of the road, although to be fair this is further down the lane.
Pop a wireless Ring camera in a strategic location - as long as WiFi/4g is available - and you’ll know who’s doing it, or it will stop them doing it. Either way it’s a result.

It kills grass though. A couple of our bitches like to stop for a pee in our garden on the way back from a walk :wallbash: which causes dead patches on the lawn.

Bitch tinkle is like pure acid but male dog tinkle not so much, weird 🤷‍♂️

I live in the country so do put up with the horse £hite. But my house is on the junction of 2 country lanes and for years the horse riders used to stop outside my house and have a good old chin wag with their horses excreting massive piles.

One day Mrs PMP went out with a shovel and threatened to chuck the shit over them if they didn't find somewhere else to stop for their jibber jabber.

Funny that it did the trick :)
Ditto in a smallish village. I don’t mind it if it is not in ginnels or places where people walk. We live on a private road (off a cul de sac) so no horses but it would annoy me to have it in front of my drive like many other residents have to deal with. However, judging by how quickly the piles get flattened by cars, people don’t seemed worried about splattering their cars with it.

Bitch tinkle is like pure acid but male dog tinkle not so much, weird 🤷‍♂️

Bitches tend to dump the lot in one concentrated spot (while squatting), whereas dogs usually do a number of smaller wees up against things (not on open grass). I'm not convinced there's much difference in the wee itself.

I love dogs. And i own one myself. We have ,never been without a dog in our life from the day we were wed . On walks I use a bag to pick it up after my dog and use a bag to take it home . Never let someone else have a problem with the mess at all .
One day i saw a woman walk past our front lawn , and she let her little dog walk all over my front lawn and dumped his last meal on my grass,, i went right out and i then scooped it up with a shovel,, and i told her ,,, she had a blank look in her eye . I said in a calm voice,, dont let your dog roam over my lawn again, because he needs to be on a lead .And if i do see him on my lawn again making a mess i will scoop it all up with a shovel and put it right in your hand bag , so you can to take it home with you . She never came past again .

I used to get like 2 💩's on my stones out the front every week.

I had a suspicion who the culprit was so i stored them for a while until i got a big load of them.

Then shovelled them on to the house in questions front garden. It was like a poonami.

Since this I no longer get offending 💩's on my front garden.

Coincidence? I think not

PaulHick,

Could you tell me how you expected her to police her cat's toilet activities?

Mrs Me has wanted a dog, and a cat for years.
"It doesn't suit our lifestyle" has been my response.

Daughter asked us to look after their dog while they went to Spain, for 10 days.
The thought of a clumsy, yappy, crapping, hair shedding lump wasn't appealing. As a Caucasian Shephard, stood up, it's taller than me.

She didn't bark much. She shed loads of hair, I would groom her for 1/2 hour+ each day. On country walks she would shadow me, she was more afraid of losing me. Affectionate as 'eck. When she played those teeth could flippin hurt. Of course poo bag duty isn't a pleasure, but you sort of get used to it.

Yesterday the call came, "we will come and collect her later", "no rush, leave it till Sunday if that's easier". Now gone and the house seems quiet.

I'm trying to convince myself that a Black Russian Terrier (I'm not so racist) isn't really a good idea.

Not our experience. My son and I have the same breed (Poochon). His is a bitch and ours a dog. Both equally effective at killing the lawn.

Bitches tend to dump the lot in one concentrated spot (while squatting), whereas dogs usually do a number of smaller wees up against things (not on open grass). I'm not convinced there's much difference in the wee itself.

Weird, Must be just my one then ? My bitch only tinkles to the left (she likes her privacy behind the trampoline :) ) whilst my big boy squats dumping the biggest tinkles you have ever seen to the right (he never has sorted out cocking his properly with his pea sized brain) and the grass is absolutely dead where she goes and his side not so much.

More detail than we needed, even for a thread in the Off Topic forum...:D

PaulHick,

Could you tell me how you expected her to police her cat's toilet activities?
Not bothered how,just keep them off my garden.

How? If you have an answer, do tell.

Other than the recipient of the donations trying one of the various cat-repellent devices and/or substances available on the market, the only alternative is for the owner to keep the cat locked up. That's not going to happen, is it?

Just to lighten the mood a little, owning nine dogs we purchase poo bags 2,000 at a time from this aptly named company :D

My recommendation is incontinence pads disposal bags, especially if you like the overpowering smell of lavender !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom