E320 Rest light flashing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSS

Car
E-320 CDI Elegance 2004, fitted with Avantgarde alloys
I was sat in the car engine swiched off today and had pressed the REST button to keep the heater going. While I was sat there I noticed that after about 5 minutes the REST light was flashing? Fan was still running and warm air blowing out.

Had a search through the forum but can't find any reference to what this means. I've used the REST feature loads of times before and never noticed this before.

I've been doing more short trips recently, does this simply mean the accessory battery is low or maybe on the way out? :dk:

reset flashing is a indication of low battery voltage should be ok once fully charged, but normal life of a battery is 4-5 years

Didn't know cars had an accessory battery??

I think some of the newer ones do - eg the 211 like the OP has, R230 SLs etc etc :)

Will

Google mercedes 211 aux battery plenty of info out there.

Lynall

Andymerc, Thanks for the reply, as the car has been used recently for short journeys and the colder weather is here it's probably indicating the battery is near end of life (cars a 2004).
I'll see how it goes after a few longer runs and if not will look at picking up a new one and replacing it.

Did a longer run and it was fine but did the same thing after a few days, maybe this aux battery is on the way out.

Anyone replaced this before? from what I've read its a simple case of just swaping them out and you don't need to keep the terminals powered during the swap.

Also where can I get one and cost as I assume the MB dealer will be a lot higher for what seems a small motorbike style lead acid battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom