E400 C207 options?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavE400

Car
E53 Coupe
Suggestions on potential tunning options welcome - found the Brabus magic box option at £2000 ish anything else recommended?

Hi dave, can you provide reg, buy pm if you want, then can tell you what you can do

A remap will take it to just under 400hp, check with some of the usual places.

Kleeman also make a tuning box that claims around 50hp increase.

As above, Kleeman box on ebay for £1199 claims 413 hp and 580Nm.

Hi dave, can you provide reg, buy pm if you want, then can tell you what you can do

Hi thanks for the response - yes the original reg on the car is SK14 OJU can't pm at the moment

Yea good power to be had, from 380+ and 550nm well wo

Hi thanks for the response - yes the original reg on the car is SK14 OJU can't pm at the moment

I'm interested to know what you decide to do. I'm thinking of a tuning box because of its simplicity in install and removal. If Mercedes can give warranty on the Brabus box then I guess not all boxes are bad.

Racechips do one specially for the E400 M276 V6 and claim 415 PS. At £494 seems like a bit of a bargain compared with the Brabus box. I read too that they give a £4k warranty on engine and drive-train parts. Racechips are German made and TUV approved.

Anyone here using Racechips and what's your opinion?

With the exception being Brabus as it is integrated into the canbus system, with any other tuning box the ecu will eventually learn that it is being fooled!

With Kleenann tuning box it appears as being basic with old school manual adjustable settings (trial and error imo) hence I would opt for a customised remap any day from a highly reptuable tuner done live on a rolling road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom