E55 AMG Wagon New 19 inch Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK - some my wheels are finally here and now I have to decide do I stay with Black or change the colour.

I think I am at least happy with the design. This is just a mock up I put a wheel on blocks in front and then a rough photoshop hence no brakes/calipers.

What do you think?

savman-albums-modfied-parts-picture7414-ats-racelight.jpg

Change the colour. IMO gloss black never looks right...it's something to do with the difference in the black of the wheels and the tyres.

Black alloys never look good in photos, I went for the titanium CL65 colour for my C32 and I think it's a good compromise.

Not a fan of black at all...

Is it meant to look mean? or save cleaning them I'm not sure imho they just look wrong and if anything make the wheels looks smaller than they actually are.

Titanium maybe the way forward

I'd go with another colour too.

They're lovely wheels and you spent good money on them.. it'd be a shame to hide them under darkness.

:thumb:

Last edited:
Great looking wheels, but black on an S211 makes them look like cheap aftermarket rims. Silver or titanium IMHO.

Black alloys never look good in photos

Agreed, the original photo actually looks far more defined but when uploaded to the forum the compression affects the definition.

It actually looks better than I thought in the flesh but not good enough to stay that way :D

Powder coat them baby/powder blue. Photoshop them first. I was in Lepsoms the other week and saw a set of 20's similar to your style that had just been done. They were going onto a dark grey Porsche and looked the nuts.

I also saw a set of blue turbines on a Focus Cosworth. Now thinking about doing the same to my C55.

OK - some my wheels are finally here and now I have to decide do I stay with Black or change the colour.

I think I am at least happy with the design. This is just a mock up I put a wheel on blocks in front and then a rough photoshop hence no brakes/calipers.

What do you think?

savman-albums-modfied-parts-picture7414-ats-racelight.jpg

Paul - I actually think they look pretty good in black. Better than I thought they would look, I think it's probably because they are a sort of satin finish rather than high gloss. I would still probably go with a gunmetal / titanium colour though, trouble is so many cars about now with some form of dark grey wheels. Seems just about every Audi has satin or matt finish in dark grey!

What about that sort of dark polished silver finish Olly has on his c55, they look good:thumb:

I like the look of the finish on these HRE's on the E55!

I think the dark polished silver look of Olly's c55 wheels would look similar!?

Redirect Notice

Powder coat them baby/powder blue. Photoshop them first. I was in Lepsoms the other week and saw a set of 20's similar to your style that had just been done. They were going onto a dark grey Porsche and looked the nuts.

I also saw a set of blue turbines on a Focus Cosworth. Now thinking about doing the same to my C55.

Here you go..

Last edited:
That looks like the sort of thing my Son would want me to fit :D

He went through a faze of "tic tac", fronts were Orange and rears were Green on a white car.

That made me laugh!!

Anyway the more I look at them in black the more I like them. Did you say you got 18's or 19's in the end?

How about this style/colour :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom