• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Echo on incar bluetooth with MB4 adapter

seymansey

Car
2006 CLK 320cdi Avantgarde
Morning all,

I've fitted the MB4 adapter to my CLK (with COMAND) which functions very well, except for the fact that callers complain of an echo all the time on the line.

Adjusting the volume on the adapter and the incar system doesn't seem to do much.

Any suggestions as to what can be done to solve it? (Before I go to Viseeo...)

That rings a bell....

Found this
4. What is the difference between Mercedes HFP and ViseeO ?
The HFP is the Mercedes equivalent of the ViseeO MBU-2000 and ViseeO MB-2 and MB-4. However the HFP will not work on older cars (pre approx mid 2004) because the other party hear's echo. Also the ViseeO can be software upgraded so ViseeO release new software to support new phones. The ViseeO adapters all also support Bluetooth Object Push to help transfer address book contacts from phone to car when the phone doesn't properly transfer them (such as Nokia N/E series phones). Note that some early MB-3/MB-4 did echo with the older system.

5. The other end is hearing their voice echoed - I though the ViseeO fixed this issue.
There is a volume control on the side of the viseeo, turn it fully clockwise to start with, then rotate slowly until it is loud enough for the other party but not echoing.

on this page.
Also it advises that there is a volume control you can turn down.

Thanks very much - the software on it is the latest, and the car is a 2006 - There's no rotary control on the side, but there is a mic volume setting in the menus, so i need to do some testing with a glamorous assistant :)

Morning all,

I've fitted the MB4 adapter to my CLK (with COMAND) which functions very well, except for the fact that callers complain of an echo all the time on the line.

Adjusting the volume on the adapter and the incar system doesn't seem to do much.

Any suggestions as to what can be done to solve it? (Before I go to Viseeo...)

Turn the volume down a bit on the audio unit/comand during a call.

Thanks very much - the software on it is the latest, and the car is a 2006 - There's no rotary control on the side, but there is a mic volume setting in the menus, so i need to do some testing with a glamorous assistant :)

Have you tried turning it off and on again? (Said with Irish IT Crowd voice)

What phone are you using? I have the earlier 3000 model and never could get rid of the echo on blackberry regardless of settings. When I changed phone my echo disappeared.

Sorry to hijack

I have one of these in my 2004 CLK55 which I purchased several months ago.

Callers complain of a bad echo when speaking with them.

I've read that this unit seems to be renowned for echo on some sites, yet other sites speak of the quality being excellent.
The phone in question is a Lumia 820

Thank you very much for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom