Familiar E55 W211 Moved to New Home Further North

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Which battery is going flat Pat? the consumer battery in the boot or the Auxiliary one in the engine bay?
if it wont start then as you know it is the auxiliary battery at fault! not the consumer one when my consumer battery was going flat when not used it was down to the Alarm siren in the front drivers wheel arch to blame,
cheers Dave

Which battery is going flat Pat? the consumer battery in the boot or the Auxiliary one in the engine bay?
if it wont start then as you know it is the auxiliary battery at fault! not the consumer one when my consumer battery was going flat when not used it was down to the Alarm siren in the front drivers wheel arch to blame,
cheers Dave

Not sure, just couldn't unlock car with key.

Going to pull them both out and charge and check.

Aux. battery is showing 12.6 volt where the main one is only 11.6 volt.

Got them both on charge, main one drawing 20 amps so I'll see how it goes with it.

cheers Dave
Its had a new siren not long before i sold it, so it wont be that, probably just battery showing its age.

Both batteries showing 13.5 volt after being charged, little one on the CTEK up to 7 led's and the big one no longer drawing much current on a big 20 amp charger.

I'll leave them disconnected for a day or 2 and then check them again.

Both showed 12.9 volt the other day, I'm away till Monday so if they are still ok by then I'll assume something drained them and stick them back in.

lowering module has a slight drain i think

Both batteries still showing 12.9 volt so quite confident they are ok.

Will put them back in tomorrow and go for a run.

Remembered yesterday that the insurance ran out on Sunday, quick call and sorted.

The car sat till Sunday evening, just over 3 full days and started fine so must have had something left on.

Just noticed the button on the boot lid to close does not work, boot now stripped down to check the wires at the hinge.

rear handle could be a bit sticky which will stop it closing..... hinges wires have gone before so wouldnt be surprised

Ok, it wasn't tomorrow but I fixed it while everyone else is busy going round in a political/democratic merry go round.

All 3 wires from the 2 button switch had snapped at the hinge, I cut these back a little, added in a few inches of new wire and soldered these back in with a bit of heatshrink then some cloth wire harness tape on top.

Working again now but it's damp as a squid out so not a day to go for a run.

Yup... There will be an approx. 87 mA key off drain (resting position), down side of running one of these.

I am trying find any key off drains in my car and I know the V2 is a contributing factor, which is a live with it situation.

Yup... There will be an approx. 87 mA key off drain (resting position), down side of running one of these.

I am trying find any key off drains in my car and I know the V2 is a contributing factor, which is a live with it situation.

Thanks, i need to get round to checking for anything else, next time I have the battery disconnected I'll stick an ammeter in.

Think it's a 95AH so at 87mA it should last for longer than a couple of days.

A voltage drop test pointed me to the V2 module.

A relay pull test pointed me to the OEM iPod kit. Some how the rear SAM is not switching off that relay (it feels warm to the touch as well). I am going to try swapping the rear SAM out with a used one.

Just noticed a little bit of condensation inside front left fog lamp so going to pull that off for a look see.
Fogs are E63 type, Hella 1N0 009 295-031 & 041, might just clean it out first then double check in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom