• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Fastest Police Cars

And the ability of the driver is far more important than the size of their lightbar/engine/wheels :D

I still think LED lightbar is better :p

Anyway, did you know Cambs police only have LED lightbar on their Traffic Volvo's that are ARV; 'regular' Traffic make do with xenons* :)

Not a lot of people know that

* until they're replaced as the fleet retire

I still think LED lightbar is better :p

Anyway, did you know Cambs police only have LED lightbar on their Traffic Volvo's that are ARV; 'regular' Traffic make do with xenons* :)

Not a lot of people know that

* until they're replaced as the fleet retire

Nothing on the roof of the dark blue T5 Estate I passed recently on the A1 in Cambs.

Which may or may not have been fitted with a gun safe.

:rolleyes:

And the ability of the driver is far more important than the size of their lightbar/engine/wheels :D

Fat tires :rolleyes:

race_car_busted.jpg

I should add the quality of their training too (before another member reads this). :D

Last edited:
Is this for real?
Is this the one with the BMW engine in it?
As a youngster we would regularly see Formula 1 BRM's being tested along the straight roads on the fens of Lincolnshire :) Happy days

I thought my Police Officer on the push bike might qualify as being the fastest police 'vehicle' :)

As a youngster we would regularly see Formula 1 BRM's being tested along the straight roads on the fens of Lincolnshire :) Happy days

I thought my Police Officer on the push bike might qualify as being the fastest police 'vehicle' :)

In london rush hour it certainly would be by a mile.
In fact it is advantageous in case it ends in a foot pursuit as well

Yeah. Raymond Mays (or was it one of the drivers?) got stopped testing one near Bourne (not too far from where r.s lives?).

That V16 is something special. :rolleyes:

Yeah. Raymond Mays (or was it one of the drivers?) got stopped testing one near Bourne (not too far from where r.s lives?).

That V16 is something special. :rolleyes:
It was usually the race engineers :)

The old stables where these cars were made is atiil there and used as an auction rooms. I cringe when I look at these obscene structures that are now deemed necessary to build these cars :)

My sister still lives in Bourne :)

You still see the occasional Jag test car being driven enthusiastically on the Fosse way.

It was usually the race engineers :)

The old stables where these cars were made is atiil there and used as an auction rooms. I cringe when I look at these obscene structures that are now deemed necessary to build these cars :)

My sister still lives in Bourne :)

There is a fantastic car restoration business on Folkingham Airfield where BRM used to build the later cars (I know because they rebuilt my Ferrari for me) (ok, not true).

You still see the occasional Jag test car being driven enthusiastically on the Fosse way.

And the odd Lotus (plus various other mules) near Hethel.

But its not the same as BRM running a Formula 1 car, out of town, few over-takes, round the block and back via Raymond Mays garage (which was a Ford dealer in those days) in Bourne.

Imagine Mclaren testing a F1 car on the roads :crazy:
(Ferrari would be the first to complain :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom