First Merc - W204 C63 AMG Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ok thanks chaps. so just go with any roof bars and some thule bike carriers?

not sure if I could get the small bike carrier for 2 on the rear/window as well?

another thing I have noticed is that she has a pull to the left when on the motorway. do they do this? is it tracking/camber/castor?

anything more serious apart from set up?

ok thanks chaps. so just go with any roof bars and some thule bike carriers?

not sure if I could get the small bike carrier for 2 on the rear/window as well?
Any brand of your preference should be fine. I have the Mercedes branded bars and cycle carriers, and they’re great.

Superb choice on transport. I've been pondering a roof box for mine but already the kids love the thing and my wife is dipping into sport mode...AMG converts!

Enjoy

another thing I have noticed is that she has a pull to the left when on the motorway. do they do this? is it tracking/camber/castor?

anything more serious apart from set up?

Mine does the exact same thing. Went in for hunter wheel alignment and it still pulls to the left.

had the wheels done. The Alloy wheel clinic in Farnham did a great job at a great price. 220 plus vat

wheels were acid dipped, then shot blasted, then a few coats in Powder coating and baked. they had the car friday and back today - take your time I said and really happy with the finish.

that is all that needed doing really. down to Uncle Benz's soon for a chat, checkover, some coffee and some choccy digestives.

Attachments

• IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0524.jpg
    IMG_0524.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0525.jpg
    IMG_0525.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 38
Looks ace mate, really like the decals. Intrigued to see how your finding it coming from more track focused cars in the past! Always wanted a CSL becoming out of reach these days.

you can't compare the panzer to smaller and lighter cars. its night an day.

even compared to a CSL the w204 is a tank. around a short track a CSL would be many many seconds faster. a GT3 is more on top.

but I bought it to have fun, get massive smile per mile, the sound of the engine, the build quality get the family, bikes and all the beach gear in with no worries and not having to borrow the wife's car for a trip to bike park wales. i have always wanted to own a v8 AMG as a petrol head.

I am really enjoying it and every journey is an event. i still have a few old BMs tucked away including a track focused e36 so fun can be had there when needed.

its a proper Q car and those who know KNOW.

mate of mine turned up yesterday in his tuned 488 spyder which is a proper scalpel of a car but he loves the AMG, the sound and what it can do.

Thanks for the tip might try the Farnham place for mine! Looking very nice indeed. Love black wheels but they never photograph well!

family hols to north devon and the panzer was great.

roof box and rails for all the surfing / boarding stuff and wet suits.

bike holder on the back. all the clothes in the bank.

purred along and even hit 26 mpg!!

really enjoying ownership and plenty of giggle moments there too with mate and his family when they wanted to go out.

You will not want anything else pal......I must admit the flexibility of the estate does appeal to me to. I’ve got a coupe but I’ve never had the HK stereo on since I’ve owned it.....the window down soundtrack is much better😂

Tow Bar???

See a little trailer wobbling behind a C63 could be quite amusing...
A few years ago I spotted this M156 engined car with a little trailer on the back:

full

family hols to north devon and the panzer was great.

roof box and rails for all the surfing / boarding stuff and wet suits.

bike holder on the back. all the clothes in the bank.

purred along and even hit 26 mpg!!

really enjoying ownership and plenty of giggle moments there too with mate and his family when they wanted to go out.

And that's it - that is what makes these things, especially a wagon, such great cars! :)

Agreed on the sound track!

I am after some winter wheels and tyres if anyone has any 18s or know of any for sale?

Also do they have to be 204 wheels or do 205 18s fit?

OEM wheels would be 8j front et 45 and rears 9j et54 I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom