Fitting a flat badge on a w202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tamoshanter

Car
w202
Had my bonnet star stolen twice and want to fit a flat star. Has anyone on here done it

Looking for a cheap flat emblem to trial first in case the perpetrator strikes again. Are they same size? Also read of a kit on some google page

Same here. If I had a spare £70 I'd buy one of the removable star emblems but I found a flat badge that fills the hole for £30 on ebay. Still not cheap but may well be worth it for peace of mind.

Same here. If I had a spare £70 I'd buy one of the removable star emblems but I found a flat badge that fills the hole for £30 on ebay. Still not cheap but may well be worth it for peace of mind.

Thats why I am hesitant to spend £30, I am hoping for a cheaper one to see how it fares. I suspect mine is being broken off by the same idiot:mad:

Just stick one of the plain flat ones (without the mechanism on the back) over the hole. The cheap ones on ebay usually say the size...

...or sleep in the car with a black balaclava on :)

There's a 'How To' for this. I can't post a link as I'm on my iPad but it's easy to find.

Just stick one of the plain flat ones (without the mechanism on the back) over the hole. The cheap ones on ebay usually say the size...

...or sleep in the car with a black balaclava on :)

::) at sleeping in the car

Do you have a link for the plain flat ones please

Tamoshanter said:
Had my bonnet star stolen twice and want to fit a flat star. Has anyone on here done it Looking for a cheap flat emblem to trial first in case the perpetrator strikes again. Are they same size? Also read of a kit on some google page

Have a look a my advert in the classifieds. I've got a couple of White Star flat badges. They're not cheap, I paid something like $120 USD for them, they are really high quality. I've got them listed at £45 each delivered but could take a near offer. They are very high quality badges, as they're based on the original upright star and it will definitely for a W202 as on of them was fitted to one for about 3 days before the car was written off :(

They were hand made by a guy in the US. What they did was buy brand new upright stars from Mercedes, remove the upright star, mill out the centre and fit the flat white star into the gap in the centre. I can take more pictures if you're interested.

They are easy to fit with no modifications needed to your car, it's basically an easy twist fit.

Sorry, I misread the thread title. I thought it was talking about fitting a Fiat badge. :doh: Then again ..... no-one would pinch one of those off your car, so it's actually not a bad idea.

Here are some more pictures of the flat badge I have for sale, it really is a high quality item, quite different from some of the stuff on eBay. As you'll see from these pictures, it's basically the standard upright star that your car would have had with the star removed and replaced with a flat insert:

Very easy to fit to, no modifications needed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom