Halfords Pro socket set at £99

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mr E Snr has his Snap-On gear from his spanner-twirling days. 4 Cabinets, stuffed with bits that I couldn't even begin to fathom what they are for.

Favorite bit of kit is a torque wrench that can then be plugged into a laptop to display/print the start/end torque reading on a sequence - the idea being that this forms an audit trail as it's attached to the build schedule.

My sister is gutted as my parent's will splits everything down the middle between us except for tools - they come to me :). When the time comes, will I do the right thing?

This threads has made me feel young, which at 30 can't be a bad thing; what's an "A/F" socket?

Isn't the Halfords Pro stuff guaranteed for life, but this excludes the ratchet mechanisms? Or is that their "Advanced" range?

This threads has made me feel young, which at 30 can't be a bad thing; what's an "A/F" socket?

Isn't the Halfords Pro stuff guaranteed for life, but this excludes the ratchet mechanisms? Or is that their "Advanced" range?

Across Flats :) An imperial measurement. There are also Across Corners (or could be points) and BSW sizes but these aren't so common nowadays.

Most American things use AF from experience. Well that's how I've been explained it......

it does exclude their ratchets but the repair kit for those (if you manage to break one) costs about £5 and they should be a stock item at most of the big stores

Gotted - seems very nice, I didn't really have a decent socket set before so it's filled a nice hole in my spannerbox. Just wish Stanley's patent on ratchet-handled screwdrivers didn't exist, because that's the only thing that's missing.

£85 with staff discount (housemate) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom