Haunted Wipers Revisited

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrDavo

Narrowed down the fault that makes my C220D wipe when it winks - basically the fault is in the twist to operate wiper switch - the slightest pressure on the stalk makes the switch think that I want the wipers on.

Any way that I can get the switch apart or renew it without changing the whole combination switch?
The cost of a new one is horrendous but I may be able to get a 2nd hand one if I'm lucky.

Ta in advance,

Mr Davo

Originally posted by MrDavo
Narrowed down the fault that makes my C220D wipe when it winks - basically the fault is in the twist to operate wiper switch - the slightest pressure on the stalk makes the switch think that I want the wipers on.

Any way that I can get the switch apart or renew it without changing the whole combination switch?
The cost of a new one is horrendous but I may be able to get a 2nd hand one if I'm lucky.

Ta in advance,

Mr Davo

Is this a W202 C-Class?

Are you sure the new stalk/switch is exbensive?

When I had a fault that my that dealer was unsure whether to replace the stalk or the SAM control unit, they replaced the stalk 1st as it was the cheaper option. Was warranty so cant help with prices though.

Yes it is, the chassis no' starts WDB202...
Its a '94, so no chance of warranty.

Dont know the exact price yet, but told its over £100...

Further to the above, I assume the stalk comes complete on the switch that does the indicators etc..., unless someone knows different - that's what I'm trying to discover.

Davo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom