Headrest LCD Monitors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
glojo said:
Good afternoon Miro,
I'm sure we all agree with you about allowing young children to sit in front of a television all day, but Richard is merely trying to make extra long journeys more bearable for his young children.

Being confined in a car for eight hours or more is no picnic and having portable DVD players for the rear passengers is a brilliant idea. No seat belts, no films. :)

Well done Richard,
John

I generally am not a fan of anything that isnt bolted in. Apart from that he has mobile internet to look forward to in the next few years.

miro said:
I generally am not a fan of anything that isnt bolted in. Apart from that he has mobile internet to look forward to in the next few years.

Do you bolt your kids to the rear seats then, instead of using the seatbelts :p ? (Sorry Miro, couldn't resist ... I'll shut up now :eek: !)

S.

Richard,
I must agree with you, taking the kids on any long journey is a nightmare, They do get bored. I have a DVD player for the back of mine, but I dont let the kids use it unless the journey is over 1 hour.
It is especially usefully for long drives in the winter nights,when its all dark.

Got it in one, Nigel - no journeys less than an hour, which means they probably only use the things 4 or 5 times a year. Expensive you may say to have them sitting around and not being used, but I don't want then to take it for granted that as soon as they get in the car the headphones go on and so does a film! The lack of use also means that they do see it as a treat and use the players with respect.

We also use one/them when we stay in chalets/villas as DVD players so they contribute to the families evening entertainment too.

Richard W said:
The real benefit of those Nextbase units, is that they're all one integrated unit - the disc slots in to a drive behind the screen.

I actually prefer the idea of the disc drive etc. being in the front, where the kids can't play with it!

BTB 500 said:
As I mentioned, both of those are out of stock on the website and in the 6 stores I tried!

I checked the stock at our local Argos Extra in Aylesbury and they had both in stock, so had assumed the problem was a regional thang, sorry.

Mozzer said:
I checked the stock at our local Argos Extra in Aylesbury and they had both in stock, so had assumed the problem was a regional thang, sorry.

It probably is regional (none of the Dixons/Currys, or Halfords, or Toys R Us stores I tried in London or Surrey had any twin screen DVDs in stock either). Someone at work suggested it was all the rich Southerners buying them up ready for the holiday season?! :D

miro said:
You would be surprised what ends up where in an accident .... I am glad that you were very lucky. Mind you .... feeding kids DVD 24x7 comes back to haunt you in about a decade when they get angry and can't articulate how they feel.

Depends what type of DVD. Who knows, they may surprise you with the use of a deep, wide, rich and highly colourful vocabulary:D

When my kids were very small nothing but ye olde tapes and they tended to want to hear their favourites again and again and again and again and again.

For some time after if I heard "The wheels on the bus go round and round........" the facial twitch started, the red mist of rage floated before my eyes and an urge to destroy the world welled up.

But I am all better now. Really.

BTB 500 said:
I actually prefer the idea of the disc drive etc. being in the front, where the kids can't play with it!

Very sensible! When they're strapped in their seats they can't reach them, oh and I keep the remote controls!!:devil:

If you want to have a look I'm across the other side of the common to you so it would be easy to meet - just so long as we're careful which car park to use......;)

Satch I do agree - If I hear that bl**dy Tweenies tune I swear I'll strangle the nearest fluffy toy!

Satch said:
For some time after if I heard "The wheels on the bus go round and round........" the facial twitch started, the red mist of rage floated before my eyes and an urge to destroy the world welled up.

But I am all better now. Really.

How long does it take to get better .... ?

<twitch>

Depends what type of DVD. Who knows, they may surprise you with the use of a deep, wide, rich and highly colourful vocabulary

Indeed ... got some very educational ones too .. honest !

I picked up an and-of-line Goodmans unit in John Lewis recently. Twin screen, one drive unit, ex-display, bargain.

But haven't told the kids yet ...

LCD Screen

BTB 500 said:
As an aside, I've been trying to get a twin screen portable DVD for the kids (for use when parked) ... nobody seems to have them any more. Everybody lists them (Currys/Dixons, Halfords, Argos, Toys R Us, etc.) but nobody seems to have stock at the moment!

Mackro wholesaler had twin screens in stock last week. £99 + VAt. cant remember the make. If I go this week i will have a look for you.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart but I did get one from Toys R Us in the end (via their website). I've rigged it up with a 7Ah gel battery so they don't flatten the car one watching DVDs while parked :)

try this one too

http://www.veba.uk.com/

I saw them on the steelmate demo car a C class coupe, they can be bought with a surrond that doesn't involve4 damaging the original head ste and they look OEM

Halfords can supply these units

Just bought a twin screen setup from Tesco made by Venturer. 2 x 6.2 inch screens, excellent picture, price was about £129.

Allan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom