HOWTO: Comand in a w202 (long and lots of pics)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Awsome thread guys, funnily enough i have done eaxctly the same to my W210 E class!
To finish it off on the lower missing part of the facia I made a piece of 6mm MDF sprayed it matt black and at the moment its just velcroed onto the bottom of the comand soon to be glued with a couple of small battons to the rest of the dash panel above. It was £278 plus vat for the full replacment panel, ouch! Anyone know where i can get one in Sapeli let me know! Have a pic but no idea how to attach it!
Should I do the same to my old W202 having now seen this thread? Mmmm
Cheers
Stuart

pic for above post (I found the advanced button)

I hope this works
Cheers

ok better luck this time

attachment for above again! fingers crossed

Attachments

• Merc W210 Comand install.jpg
    Merc W210 Comand install.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 261
fantastic customising shude :) would be really nice to get a comand unit in my X Reg W202 but it's money at the end of the day i havent got :( now... where do you live and keep your keys? ^^

This thread is so old, it should be in the 2nd year of Primary school learning about Dinosaurs and Roman's!

Last edited:
Thanks for the how to Shude, I am currently in the process of replacing my center console but seem to have lost the 2 screws for the ash tray / top set of 2 heater surround screws and the 2 cubby hole to heater surround screws.

shudecommand.jpg

I don't suppose you have the part numbers for the screws or know where I could find them?

http://www.detali.ru/cat/OEM_MB.asp seems to be gone :wallbash:

Cheers.

Last edited:
Shude any chance of updating the picture links in the OP?

w208 command

hi on the subject of the command-mine is in a 2001 clk430 i have never been able to enter a full postcode soon as ive entered the first 3 letters it seems to jump a space then sticks on the 4th.Can get around this by entering the street but can never get exact location can anyone shine some light thanks:cool:

w208 command

hi on the subject of the command-mine is in a 2001 clk430 i have never been able to enter a full postcode soon as ive entered the first 3 letters it seems to jump a space then sticks on the 4th.Can get around this by entering the street but can never get exact location can anyone shine some light thanks:cool:

Full postcode is not possible even on the later DVD or hard drive versions.

I believe its because most of Europe uses 5 digit codes and they are not that specific to an address. For example our post code in Italy covers several small towns so its useless for navigation purposes.

Full postcode is not possible even on the later DVD or hard drive versions.

Yes it is but depends on the model of Comand. e.g. NTG2.5 does full 7 digit as does NTG4.5 but NTG4 doesnt.

I know this is a long forgotten thread - but is this still the best way to convert to the W202 to a double din dash?

Is there any chance of getting the photos re-loaded or far too old now I guess?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom