• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

I was blind now I can't see. Any Opticians in the house.

Ooh, that's a useful snippet - my lenses are Esilor Forte coated :thumb:

We get told its at our discretion but as long as the frame doesn't look like its been run over by a bus then they will be happy to replace the lenses. They do have to go back first so you'll have to wear another pair for a few days.

The lenses are plastic so are by no means scratch proof but the coatings are very good and in general use don't get scratch easily.

I always wash glasses under the tap to rinse off dust/grit. You hopefully wouldn't use a cloth or mitt on your car without hosing it down first!

The lenses are plastic so are by no means scratch proof but the coatings are very good and in general use don't get scratch easily.
I always take care of my eyewear - my mum was a dispenser and taught me well! - but there's always a risk of dropping a pair or damaging lenses.

The modern coatings do seem to be quite effective.

I have to say that my treatment of my spectacles has probably become a little bit more casual as a result.

I always wash glasses under the tap to rinse off dust/grit. You hopefully wouldn't use a cloth or mitt on your car without hosing it down first!

When good lenses cost what they do you'd be amazed what people do to them.
And then come and complain they have damaged them.....
But yes very sensible, rinse the rubbish off first especially if you've been working so they are dusty/sandy/covered in lord knows what. Even a bucket or a stream is better than nothing!

FYI: I am fairly certain spraying a fine mist of Surfex HD onto my engine resulted in some of that mist, blowing back onto my lens's. That has etched the coatings and trashed them.

The reason I suspect this? I also managed to get some on the inside of my tailgate glass and it etched into the glass, damaging it beyond repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom