Idiots in car parks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have often thought about letting a tyre down ( about 10 seconds work with my Schraeder key ) which would cause no damage but some inconvenience , along with a note on their windscreen telling them a little more care on their part would have avoided this . ( never actually did it though )

This I like to think would be my route. A little inconvenience for them in return for the inconvenience caused to me.:D

Newbitz, Sorry your car got damaged hope you get it sorted out OK.;)

I never park next to a car with a child seat in it. My MX5 has 2 dingers caused by doors being wedged against it while the ankle biter is being extracted from the seat. I challenged one about it and got a mouthful of abuse for my trouble. I cant imagine the old bill being bothered to attend if you called them. Around here they dont respond for days if you have a problem.

Thanks for the correction Shude. No wonder my car parking plan is to pot at work.

Lancebond. Like you I am not happy if someone damages my car serious or not. If I see them I get their details or at least photograph their car and the damage it caused.

I do get the red mist too especially when stopping people stealing my car on two occasions. Probably similar result to the person who fired a rocket at your dog.

I never park next to a car with a child seat in it.
Ditto. Nor people carriers.

I was actually sat in my W204 when a moronic woman parked in the bay next to me in a Citroen Xsara Picasso with kiddie seats in it. She then proceeded to hit my car's passenger door with her driver's door as she got out. A loud "Oi!!!" from me as I leapt out of my car to investigate stopped her in her tracks.

Fortunately there was no damage (the nano paint on the car really is very tough), and she was quite apologetic. I politely pointed out that with a little more care and consideration in the first place she wouldn't have needed to apologise but that seemed completely lost on her :doh:

I know this may be WAY of the mark to some, and i'll pointed at and moaned about for years to come, but someone has to say it. ( right who does that leave for tomorrow) ;)

But has anyone else noticed the number of women, specifically in the circumstances as discussed that tend not to be concerned with whats going on around them, a rather on the VERY heavy side, (fat).

I know this may be WAY of the mark to some, and i'll pointed at and moaned about for years to come, but someone has to say it. ( right who does that leave for tomorrow) ;)

But has anyone else noticed the number of women, specifically in the circumstances as discussed that tend not to be concerned with whats going on around them, a rather on the VERY heavy side, (fat).

You could be more offensive...but not much.

In fairness larger people do need to open the car door a little wider! While I can slip out of the tiniest door gap I don't expect everyone else to be able to!

Unfortunately a large proportion of the population think of their cars as tools and are not emotive about them like us, combined with the fact that a lot of people have fck all consideration and manners, us lot just don't have a chance. I agree that mums with kids are the worlds worst but I do give a bit of slack as usually the mother and child spaces are full up with audi repmobiles :)

Unfortunately a large proportion of the population think of their cars as tools and are not emotive about them like us, combined with the fact that a lot of people have fck all consideration and manners, us lot just don't have a chance. I agree that mums with kids are the worlds worst but I do give a bit of slack as usually the mother and child spaces are full up with audi repmobiles :)

There again when my kids were born it wasn't seen as a disability:D We didn't need huge parking space nearest the doors. My kids learnt to walk pretty quick too!:D Perhaps if they put the huge mother & child spaces in the middle of the car park they wouldn't get parked in by Audi repmobiles so much! :eek:(Waits for abuse from yummy mummies whose "Little Prince or Princess" might have to walk 100 yards) In my local Tesco's carpark they even have footpaths with zebra crossings to get from one side to the other, "Little Prince / Princess" could be taught how to cross a road safely before they turn into the slovenly kids who slouch across the road in front of cars/vans with a look that says "Hit me if you dare, I've got the solicitors number on speed dial":wallbash::D

One way to avoid shoppers car parks is to do what I do. Shop online Simples :))

Actually i am here but have been working.
To be honest I'm quite offended.

Of course people believe what they like, but to slag me off and take my rather tongue in cheek reflection on life and my experience of older people comment, so seriously is a bit extreme and a shame. Its probably the most honest, even if it was a bit close to home. But its called banter Especially the 'grumpy old men' type.i.e (having a sense of humor ) for those that dont know, to lighten the mood of the poor guy whose car was damaged.

But yet you gang up and lambaste me, and accuse me of being ageist. Isnt that ironic.

In just these few replies there's been suggestion of typical violence towards an old person, criminal damage, harassment and of course intimidation by law enforcement. Probably better that you observe real life before damming anyone who comments on it. Remembering that violence and threats, especially against an older person is much worse.

Of course i would dismiss this as all talk one would hope, but then to round up further, not naming names, by stirring and passing exaggerated comments or malicious rumors about a member is OK is it. I'd say it was a bit close to bullying.

Yes i opened a post and debate regarding clocks on the other forum, what of it ?

Of course if it is about bullying or intimidation, im also happy to get violent if thats what you want.

Or would you rather just get willy's out at dawn.....?

Who is this dawn?

Having read all the posts I dont see anyone who suggested violence towards an older person !

There again when my kids were born it wasn't seen as a disability:D We didn't need huge parking space nearest the doors. My kids learnt to walk pretty quick too!:D Perhaps if they put the huge mother & child spaces in the middle of the car park they wouldn't get parked in by Audi repmobiles so much! :eek:(Waits for abuse from yummy mummies whose "Little Prince or Princess" might have to walk 100 yards) In my local Tesco's carpark they even have footpaths with zebra crossings to get from one side to the other, "Little Prince / Princess" could be taught how to cross a road safely before they turn into the slovenly kids who slouch across the road in front of cars/vans with a look that says "Hit me if you dare, I've got the solicitors number on speed dial":wallbash::D

That is one of the best ideas i have heard for ages --- helps in two ways. As you say - they get the WIDE spaces they so desperately need and the kids get healthy exercise.

I often do my shopping at 2-3am and without fail park in the parent child bays.

Got stopped the other day by some jumped up woman. "and where is your child?" she demanded to know (because at 2am obviously there is loads of the little sods out shopping)

I just stopped stared blankly with eyes wide open so the wind would create a tear in my eye and said

"oh my god... I'm so sorry I keep forgetting he's no longer with us" as the tear from the wind rolls down my cheek.

She didn't so much walk away, as sprint shouting apologies.

Wicked, yes... But perhaps she'll learn to keep her mouth shut

Actually on a similar note, i went to the metro centre yesterday for some odds and sods, and a coffee of course not knowing it was half term at the local prisons er, I mean schools.

So I was a little flustered as I personally can't stand kids and i get stopped by one of these ambulance chasing accident muppets.

"have you had an accident in the last three years that wasn't your fault?"

I answer without batting an eyelid surrounded by women with toddlers

"why yes I have, but the wife gets angry when i call him that and insists that i call him David.. As he's my son and i have to love him apparently"

Bloke didn't know where to look.... As I just walked away.

Last edited:
I never park next to a car with a child seat in it. My MX5 has 2 dingers caused by doors being wedged against it while the ankle biter is being extracted from the seat. I challenged one about it and got a mouthful of abuse for my trouble. I cant imagine the old bill being bothered to attend if you called them. Around here they dont respond for days if you have a problem.

My S-Class has a child seat in the back and I NEVER ding other peoples' cars .

Not all parents are like that .

Of course we could buy a car with sliding doors LOL :)

Better still , a 300SL 'Gullwing' coupe !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom